VII

Oɴᴇ ᴡᴀʟʟ ᴅᴏᴡɴ

A month has come and gone, and M/n has become more outgoing though speaking was still a hassle he still managed to convey his emotions without speech

A month has come and gone, and M/n has become more outgoing though speaking was still a hassle he still managed to convey his emotions without speech. It became common to see M/n and Collei together almost every day, the two were like siblings and the people of the Ville loved their dynamic and it brought them joy, especially Tighnari. He was happy that Collei had someone to be truly close to besides Amber, Cyno, and himself.
"Nari, how's M/n been since that day?"

"He's fine, talking is still not much of a thing he does but I'm sure he'll surprise us all. Ah! Dehya said she'll be visiting next month."

"That's good, hopefully, he'll return to himself fully. I would like to have a conversation with him maybe even spar."Tighnari chuckles at his lover, Cyno wasn't weary even after the attack meaning Tighnari shouldn't be either but...He suddenly remembered the look on M/n's face that day.
"Nari, what's the matter?"

"Remember when I told you about how he passed out flowers?"

"Yes."

"He gave me the one he probably had planned to keep but his expression turned to one of pure anguish after ruffling my hair. It was as if he were looking at someone else and not me. Maybe I remind him of someone he knew or maybe even lost because the look of longing in his eyes was heartbreaking."Tighnari continued to explain it the best he could and felt himself choke for a moment.
"Imagine if you lost someone important Cyno... Imagine how painful that would be knowing that you'll never see them again...That was the look in his eyes."

"You should try comforting him when you have the time. Remember you're the first one introduced to him so maybe a few words of encouragement or quality time would help him out some more. Hmm, how about you take something nice for him to eat and talk with him?"

"Not a bad idea...What would a wolf like to eat?"

🦊🦊🦊

M/n was napping on the roof of his hut around the time Tighnari returned to the forest. The fox asked where Collei was knowing that if he found her, he'd find M/n and people pointed the ranger in the direction of the lone hut. As Tighnari approached the hut he could see the sleeping man on the roof.
"M/n?"

"Hmm?"

"Hey there!! I brought something for you to eat."Tighnari holds the food bowl up a bit with a small smile. The scent flowing from the food made the wolfkin drool a bit as he quickly jumped down to see what was in store for him to eat.
"Ahahaha, I see food is one way to get you to be expressive. I brought you Gilded Tajine to eat."

M/n's tail wags frantically while receiving the food, the male quickly pulls Tighnari into his hut and silently invites him to take a seat while he eats

"Ah, so this is where she is. I haven't seen Collei this comfortable with anyone before. No wonder you were on the roof."M/n shakes his head takes the other by the hand and writes on his palm with his finger.
"Stars? You could see the stars from your roof? Well I would have never thought, so you fell asleep while star gazing. How carefree of you, please remember to be careful. We don't need you falling. Ah please enjoy."It was strange to Tighnari, though it was a one-sided verbal conversation...It didn't feel like one to him.

Once M/n finished the Gilded Tajine, he managed a small smile while writing out his thanks on Tighnari's palm.
"I've been meaning to ask you...How do you feel? I know you're pretty happy nowadays but...I'm sorry I haven't been a good caretaker to you since you've been here."

Ah that's right I don't see much of him...I got so happy over food that I didn't realize it till now...

Is he...Is he my darling Het-Heru? Even in this form, Het-Heru looks beautiful...
That was another thing, M/n had grown used to the somber voice in his head, it was pretty obvious that Yamanu latched onto M/n more than any other descendant of his tribe...At that moment he couldn't find anything to say.
"Would you like to join me for a walk tomorrow?"M/n thinks for a moment before nodding to the question.