VIII

Sᴏɴɢs ᴏғ sᴏʀʀᴏᴡ

As Tighnari suggests the next day he and M/n took a nice stroll early around

As Tighnari suggests the next day he and M/n took a nice stroll early around. This allowed Tighnari to observe M/n closer than before. He watched all of M/n's small mannerisms as they walked. It was a new feel for once to be near another being that wasn't a fox kin. He watches as M/n's ears twitch at every sound, taking a second to look in the direction before continuing forward.
Is he surveying the area as we walk? I'm quite impressed but what am I surprised for...He came from the desert meaning he had to constantly scan and listen out for danger...Never a peaceful moment..
Tighnari touches M/n on the shoulder, he beams a bit when the male doesn't jump from the sudden touch.
"No need to be on guard M/n, the forest is relatively peaceful. Especially this early in the morning, most if not everything is asleep, or is that what's worrying you?"The wolf nods his head.

Normally he and Collie would venture around just before noon so it was a bit different to be out so early.
"Oh dear, I made you worry. I usually start my day super early to prepare antidotes and medicine for emergencies. You know, in case someone eats a poisonous mushroom again."M/n nods at this explanation and relaxes then takes it slow. Tighnari's voice eventually fills the space and M/n listens to everything said even when he starts complaining about bad jokes.
"Geez, I love him but those jokes hurt to listen to–Well that's if you can call them jokes...Not to be dramatic but if one of his so-called jokes becomes funny I think Celestia will fall out of the sky. Ah-oh sorry about that tangent, I'm not sure you wanted to listen to that."M/n shakes his head, hinting that he had no problem with the rant.

Eventually, the two traveled in comfortable silence. That is until a ranger; Nina pops up and exclaims as soon as she sees the two.
"Tighnari! There you are, we've been looking everywhere for you."

"What happened?"

"It's Haypasia, she needs help!"

"Oh no, what could have happened this time!? Uhh M/n sorry to cut our walk short but I have something to attend to. Return to the Ville when you're ready, I'll see you later."Tighnari rushes off with Nina leaving M/n alone. He instinctively takes a step forward while reaching out but stops himself.
Well...That was nice while it lasted...Hey, Yamanu?

Yes..

Did that make you feel better? Being near Mister Tighnari, I mean.
Yamanu didn't respond this time but the feeling of sorrow stayed in his chest, it was painful to feel. He sighs heavily and heads over to the waterfall that he fell in on multiple occasions. The sound of the soft rushing water soothes him to no end. The pain from his vocal cords fades as he takes a deep breath to sing for the silent Yamanu.
"Hello, I'm still here, and I'm holding my tears in my hands, Mmm~
And if you were gonna walk away
The least you could have done was say in advance ❝I'm leaving you❞..."

Why are the songs you sing so sad and lonely? Were you hurt too?

"…Yes. We are one in the same."

I am sorry young one.

🐺🐺🐺

Once again M/n was on the roof of the hut, his mind so far from him that all he could do was watch the twinkling lights in the vast sky above him. He hummed the song he sang while at the waterfall.
"I still remember the kisses you gave
To a broken boy
Drown out the noise
Everything that you once had in your voice
Is no longer there, trapped in the void
Of everything that we once tried to destroy..."M/n was none the wiser of someone listening to the somber song, it was Tighnari. Hearing the song made him think, how much did the song man lose besides his friends?
Such a sad soul, no matter how happy he seems the fact is, he's still heartbroken by all the lose.
Tighnari leaves the path and returns to his home to call it a day, the soft yet deep voice still playing in his head as he dozed off...