XX

Tʜᴇ ᴡᴏʟғ ɪɴ Aᴘᴀᴍ Wᴏᴏᴅs

When Tighnari and Collei returned to the ville they were surprised to see Cyno sitting in M/n's hut clutching a piece of paper in his hand

When Tighnari and Collei returned to the ville they were surprised to see Cyno sitting in M/n's hut clutching a piece of paper in his hand. He didn't seem to notice the two until the girl called out.
"This is for you Collei...Nari, we should step out while she reads it..."Cyno seemed confused and even hesitant to hand over the paper but did so anyway. He takes his lover by the hand and leads him away.

Collei takes a look at the paper before opening it.

-Dear Collei,
By the time Cyno gives this to you, I'll be gone as in leaving the ville. I'm sorry for not saying goodbye or even waiting for you to come back but...I had to leave, I couldn't wait and I'm so sorry for just up and leaving, no running away. Lately, I've been in such a dark place where I found it hard to reach out or even ask for help. Especially when everyone is finding their life partners. It's childish I know, I shouldn't solve my problems like this...Sometimes older people are stupid. I hope you can understand why I left and please don't hate me for this.

If you ever wish to visit me while I'm gone, I'll be in the Apam Woods near the center...

M/n.-

Collie drops to her knees, was he truly suffering all this time?! He hid it so well from her, especially since they spent so much time together. Tears pour from her eyes doing her best to avoid drops on the paper. Her sorrow immediately turns to anger as she storms out.
"Master Tighnari! I thought you said he was okay! You told me he was fine after everything, I only ask because he hides his true emotions from me so I wouldn't worry about him! I tried my hardest to get him to open up more and no one was helping me!"

"Collei–"

"Shut up."She didn't want to hear anymore and ran off to her hut to be alone, leaving the lovers to themselves in front of the hut.
"What did the letter say?"

"I didn't read it. He asked me not to before running off, I respected his wishes..."The somber tone was throwing Tighnari off, yes it was sad that M/n ran away but it sounded odd in how Cyno's voice sounded...
"He'll come back...I should tell the other he'll be gone for a while."

Tᴡᴏ ᴍᴏɴᴛʜs ʟᴀᴛᴇʀ

"M/n, can you help out over here?"An elderly lady calls out to the man who had become like her grandson for the past two months. When he stumbled into the woods he fell down a hill and was injured, since then she's been very tentative when it comes to the male.
"Ah yes, yes! What do you need granny?"

"Oh M/n, looks like your hair is growing a bit more! Do you need a trim?"

"Haha, no not yet, I'll leave it be. But granny Zahra what did you need me to move?"Zahra smiled softly and asked for M/n to grab the shipment of fabric that The Eremites dropped off a few minutes ago. M/n hoisted it onto his shoulder walked over to Zahra's house and placed it inside near her workstation.
"What are you making this week granny?"

"Hm, I want to make you a nice outfit to say thank you for being such a delightful grandson~"M/n's tail wags happily and his eyes sparkle, and just before he could ask Zahra reaches up to pat his head.
"Don't worry, I'll make sure to make something for my granddaughter! When don't think Collie is coming back?"

"She said she'll return next week."Zahra laughed joyfully and then asked about Dehya and Candace who had come to visit with Collie. Occasionally, M/n would get letters but if they weren't from Collie, Dehya, and Candace, he didn't open them. Not because he hated everyone, he was still very much scared of what he'd read. Did everyone hate him for running away? Were they disappointed? Just a list of fears that make him avoid the growing pile of letters.
"Oh, this came for you."Zahra hands M/n a strange letter, it was when he touched it that he and Yamanu knew who it came from...
"Cyno..."