XXI

Aᴡᴋᴡᴀʀᴅ ʀᴇᴜɴɪᴏɴ...

Once again, M/n didn't read the letter and went on about his morning the next day

Once again, M/n didn't read the letter and went on about his morning the next day. Now if M/n read the letter he would have learned that Cyno and Tighnari were going to visit since Collei gave them his location. So imagine his surprise when he finishes his daily chores just to see a certain couple. In a panic, M/n tried to run but due to the rain from earlier, he slipped down the same hill from when he first started to live in the large woods.

Mistakenly he let out a cry of shock as he fell but was caught by a tree root.
"Please be Granny, please be granny!!!"As the vine lifted him up and into view he was it was a worried Tighnari and Cyno was right behind him. When he was put down M/n awkwardly rubbed the back of his head.
"Oh hey...Long time no see...How have you–"A hand flies across M/n's face leaving a mark and causing his head to jut to the left, Tighnari slapped M/n.
"I'm sorry..."

"I...I'm also sorry. I thought I was there enough but I wasn't, not since the beginning."They both sat in silence for a moment before Cyno touched M/n's shoulder.
"I'm assuming you didn't read the letter from me."

"Sorry about that too. I normally just read the ones Collei, Dehya, and Candace send me...I'm sure everyone is angry at me, huh?"

"No, just incredibly worried since no one hears from you. Collei was so angry that she practically refused to tell anyone anything. For all we knew you could've left Sumeru."Tighnari apologized again for slapping the wolf. Though the fox was angry he acknowledged that his actions were wrong.
"How about we take a seat inside before the water empties and rains down on us–"

"M/n dear the rain is coming, Oh! Who are these two? Are you here to see my grandson?"M/n chuckles as he explains that they were just heading in and Zahra nods with a joyful smile.
"Granny Zahra has lent me her son's home while I'm here. Let's hurry."

🐺🐺🐺

Now inside the small comfy house, Zahra hustles over to make snacks and Tighnari jumps up to help the elderly woman, leaving M/n alone with Cyno.
"How have you–"

"Did you tell Nari that you found your one-night stand that day?"

"Been....Uh never got around to it since you left. If you read the letter you'd know."Cyno folds his arms over his chest, a bit annoyed but understanding why M/n is throwing up a wall between them.
"Could you at least answer my question?"

"I...I've been fine, Granny treats me like a grandson and I wholeheartedly appreciate it. Very peaceful here though I do miss the noise of others."M/n mainly missed the fun nights of joy and laughter. Drinking together with friends and joking around like it's nothing but he didn't miss the microaggression aimed at him for who he was related to, nor the insults from classes assholes.
"What's wrong?"

"Why is the city so full of love yet much more hate for the wolves?"

"I never understood that either. I've always admired the wolfkin...Throughout all these years they've managed to retain their wolf feathers while the Jackal lost them. They're stronger in many ways than the Jackal, and much more engrossed with their emotional state than them too..."Cyno sounded very sincere as he spoke.
"You think so?"

"Yeah."There was an odd glint of emotion in Cyno's eyes that M/n felt the urgency to reject.
"Cut it out Cyno. We don't need to have an emotional bond, we just need to be friendly enough to not seem odd to others. Whether or not you tell Tighnari is your business but I would prefer you tell him. Maybe he'll...Love you more than he already does..."Bitter M/n and Yamanu both felt an intense wave of bitterness to even utter those words! Longing to be in Cyno's place, though Tighnari didn't spend much time with M/n he felt a kinship because he read the book. From the moment his friend told him about Tighnari he felt a kinship.

M/n has always been in love with Tighnari...