XXIV

ᴄʏɴᴏ's ғᴇᴀʀs

Cyno had all but hidden himself away from the joyful crowd but M/n was first to notice his absence, not Tighnari

Cyno had all but hidden himself away from the joyful crowd but M/n was first to notice his absence, not Tighnari. Taking a deep yet shaky breath, M/n found the general tucked away staring out into the woods, almost soulless.
"Cyno, stare any harder and I think the trees will feel as if they're targets for arrest."M/n opens with an attempt to break the ice for once.

However, Cyno said nothing back. A bit worried M/n moves closer, only enough to wave his hand in front of the dazed man's face. Cyno jumps out of his skin, when did M/n get here? Or better yet, how long had he hidden himself away?
"You okay there?"

"I...their little bundles of joy.."

"Oh Marray and Marine! Yes, they are. Kids are cute sometimes I suppose. Are...uh you and Tig–"

"No..."Cyno fired back quickly, it was a cold and cute answer that wasn't expected leaving M/n slack-jawed for a moment.
"So you guys are gonna be child-free?"

"No...It's not that...I mean no as in I can never...."Cyno shakes his head and M/n comes to an immediate conclusion, just as Anubis wasn't robbed of his chance was Cyno also robbed of this?
"Sterilizations?"

"No, a mission gone horribly wrong. Not sure if it was a perfectly placed shot or if it was an accident but I've lost two things and one I didn't even know was there."This was by far the most serious M/n had ever seen the general. But it dawned on M/n, what did the general mean by two?
"Cyno? What do you mean by two?"

"I...I don't want to talk about it. Could you just sit with me? Just this once?"

"......"M/n quietly sits next to the decedent of Anubis in a strange silence, it wasn't uncomfortable but M/n didn't know how to describe it.
"Did you ever get closure?"

"No...Never did and I guess never will...The scar is easily hidden, when I can't see it I can forget but the moment I'm alone...I remember what I lost."Cyno pulls his knees to his chest, face hidden from the larger male next to him.
Will he be okay?

No, Yamanu, maybe seeing children, new born children triggered this.

M/n quietly wraps his tail around Cyno to comfort him the best he could but he prefers that Cyno gets his comfort from Tighnari.
"Does Nari know?"

"To an extent...But I can't bear to tell him more than that."Cyno leans against M/n while petting the tail around him, it was strangely softer than Tighnari and warmer too. He felt comfort from it, so much so fact he hugged the limb closer to himself.
"M/n...Do you like Nari?"

"I-I...."He wanted to run away from Cyno but knew he couldn't at the risk of hurting his tail and also hurting Cyno.
"I felt you did. I tried to convince him to come here alone so the two of you could have time alone but he always ignores what I say and brings me along."

"Why are you asking this question? You're his lover so why?! Shouldn't you be worried that I'll take him from you?"His tone like many times before was bitter and annoyed. Cyno chuckles at this, leaning further into the wolfkin.
"No, but sometimes I wish I was worried. You're tall, handsome, puppy-like when in a good mood, and a true wolf in the bed."

"Then why do you tack yourself to me like this? You know that foxes only mate with one person in their life, just like us wolves. So why? You can't have your cake and eat it too. You have to make your mind up on who you want—"

"Just like how you want Nari."M/n says nothing at first the warmth not angering him, just confusing him now that he has the Jackal here.
"Don't you think we could convince him? Maybe you'll be able to give him the child he'll want eventually—"

"....But it won't be the same. I'm selfish Cyno, I just want him and it wouldn't be fair since he just wants you."Soon the rain pours just outside the area they hidaway in.
"I'm sorry for what you lost, Cyno—"M/n turns his head just to feel lips on his. Cyno had kissed the Wolfkin.

 Cyno had kissed the Wolfkin