XIX

Rᴜɴɴɪɴɢ ᴡᴀʏ?

M/n sat there quietly in the forest where he dropped down before he passed out

M/n sat there quietly in the forest where he dropped down before he passed out. Everything he learned left him feeling scared about the outcome of Cyno and Tighnari. What part of the story doesn't he know? Did the original and Cyno know each other before he reincarnated into this world? Did they...Did they betray Tighnari?
"No...Couldn't be...Fuck I can't stay here. I can't..."M/n rushes to his feet and runs straight to his home. Though he grew attached to it, he couldn't risk ruining anyone's love life.

Without hesitation, he starts to pack a few of his keepsakes and clothes before stumbling out only to crash into...Cyno.

He nearly goes crashing to the ground but M/n grabs his wrist.
"Where are you headed to in such a rush?"

"Away."M/n let's go and steps back from the shorter male, though he was itching to run the hell away he wanted to see why Cyno came to see him.
"Shouldn't you wait until everyone is here to say goodbye?"

"I-I...I'm not gonna be gone forever just need to leave for a bit. Why are you here? Isn't Nari in the city? Shouldn't you be with...him?"

"He's with Nilou. I ran into Dehya in the city and it occurred to me that she might know who I'm looking for—"

"Who's in trouble now?"M/n asked cutting Cyno off without meaning to. He knew that Cyno would often be sent to track people down and drag them back to the city without hesitation, so it must have been important if Cyno was asking Dehya for help.
"Ah! Ahem, no nothing like that...Some years ago before Tighnari and I dated, I had a one-night stand while in the desert after a mission. Long story short I was dragged to a brothel for a celebration and well...The man I spent the night with was a...Well, he was a wolfkin. I'm curious about how his life has been since then or to see if he's still alive."

"Oh no..."M/n stood there absolutely dumbfounded, what he thought to be a random passing thought ended up being true but he needed to be sure.
"What did he look like..."

"Same built as you, just as tall, and silver hair but I never saw his eyes because they were covered by a veil. I know that a large majority of Wolfkin have the same vibrant silver hair."

"Any specific markings on his body you can note?"Now M/n was begging hoping prying to all and any archon that Cyno said no, or said something completely different but deep down M/n already knew...
"No...Not that I can...Oh wait, he had a claw mark scar on his—"

"Left shoulder that extends to his lower shoulder blade to the center of his back..."

"Oh! So you do know him! Where can I find him or is he...You know.."M/n dropped his bag, he wanted to scream and cry until he spewed vile! This can't be happening he thought, he wanted this to be some unhinged joke and he was desperate for the shitty punchline...
"He...He's standing in front of you right now..."

"Haha, that's funny M/n."

"I'm not joking, look."M/n turns his back and pulls his shirt up to show Cyno the scar on his back. The general's smile drops like a rock.
"I...How have you been, before your accident?"Cyno questions while trying to ease his shock but M/n wasn't having any of it. He walks over to his desk, quickly jots down a location and other things then shoves the paper(folded) into Cyno's hand.
"You shouldn't care nor do you need to. Give this to Collei, this is for her eyes only. If she wishes to share this with everyone that's her choice but if not respect her decision. I'm leaving, not for a long time I just need to be away from...From everyone and everything. Tell them I'm sorry–Wait does Nari know you're looking for your- I mean me? As in your old fling?"Cyno nods his head but this makes M/n annoyed.

He immediately lets go of Cyno's hand.
"Why?! Do you understand how that would make him feel?! I get being honest about what you do but to boldface tell your partner that you're looking for your old fling is fucking stupid. He must feel awkward and probably fearful...I need to leave."M/n shoves past Cyno and runs out of the Ville as fast as he can.

"M/n shoves past Cyno and runs out of the Ville as fast as he can