XV

Tʜᴇ ғᴏʀʙɪᴅᴅᴇɴ ᴛʀᴜᴛʜ

Things in the Village because tense and Tighnari knew that he would have to apologize for how he acted but

Things in the Village because tense and Tighnari knew that he would have to apologize for how he acted but...But he couldn't find the time since Aether began to show up and steal M/n away for the day this time the fox would wake up super early to catch M/n before he could leave but as he went to sleep that night, his dream was strange. It wasn't a dream yet it was dream-like. As he walks around he finally spots something, more like someone up ahead.
"Excuse me, where is this place and who are you?"The woman's ears slump at the question, her first thought was here we go again...Another who will fail to listen to her and thus fail to break the cycle...Their cures.
"My name is Het-Heru.....And you, Tighnari are making a mistake that cannot be corrected without guidance."

"Het-Heru, you...You're my ancestor. How is this possible?"

"Through the Dendro Archons blessing of course."Het-Heru looked tired and she was. She's spent thousands of years trying to right her wrong and break the cycle of heartbreak but no one listens to her, not even her descendants...
"What mistake are you talking about?"

"Your choice of lovers for one...I'd back out of that relationship while you still can. It's best for your health and overall sanity."

"But I love Cyno."Het-Heru scoffs bitterly at Tighnari's stern claim of love for Cyno. She felt like giving up right then and there but it wouldn't be right so she regained her composure.
"Ha, that love will separate you from everyone you care for and eventually kill all your emotions once you realize that your life will never come first to them. I wish I had seen the sign before I destroyed my clan's connection to the sands. I wish I wasn't so blinded by love."Het-Heru's voice cracked as she spoke, painfully reflecting on how naive she was.

Tighnari watches the woman closely and timidly questions what she means. Angered all of a sudden she bolts up from her seated position.
"The saying goes, duty-bound love is not profound! Their duty comes before everything, the city comes before all. Heroes will sacrifice their lover for everyone and that's exactly what happened..."Their area was quickly overwhelmed by roots with sharp thorns sticking out.
"But it's my fault for thinking he loved me, and I mean truly loved me. He didn't know himself...Did you know that the Mahamatra weren't allowed to experience love until their duty was over?"

"N-No. Why is or more like why was that a rule?"

"To keep their soldiers in line, to keep them from ever acting irrational, and to drill into their heads that nothing will ever come before the king. Not even a loved one, they will kill anyone without so much as a sign of hesitation. That carried over to protecting Sumeru city."Het-Heru felt her chest squeezing as she said this. There was so much she wanted to tell Tighnari at once but there wasn't enough time.
"There's so much I need you to know but for now, I'll start at the beginning. The reason why our clan up and left the desert behind. I'm sure you can guess who helped us, it's not hard."

"Anubis."

"After he murdered King Deshret, Yamanu fell into a deep depression, I foolishly turned my back on him when he needed me most to be with Anubis. This act was seen as ungrateful to the Wolf clan and a woman named Khnemu took over for Yamanu and spoke for the clan. They had all agreed to stop protecting my clan knowing it would bring much more pain to have us around. So, Anubis brought us to the city. At first, they welcomed us warmly, treated us as their own...Then the illusion of love started to crumble. I had no idea what was to come. However this is where we part ways, for the time being, I wouldn't want you to wake up late."Hearing those words from his ancestor made him remember his plan for the morning and he jumped out of his sleep and quickly caught M/n before he could leave.
"Wait!"

"Tighnari...?"

"Can we talk about what happened?"