XVII

Tʜᴇ ғᴏʀʙɪᴅᴅᴇɴ ᴛʀᴜᴛʜ  ᵖᵗ 2

Seemingly things went back to normalcy after Tighnari apologized for his behavior to everyone

Seemingly things went back to normalcy after Tighnari apologized for his behavior to everyone. It was well received though it didn't stop Aether from poking at the male for his late delivery but it was to be expected. No one was at odds with each other yet M/n was at odds with himself. It became obvious to him that his fun times were over, when he met up with Kaveh and Aether, their soon-to-be lovers were there too leaving him as the awkward fifth wheel in the group, like now.
"So M/n~"

"Hm?"

"When are you gonna find your special someone?"Kaveh asked as a joke but visibly watched the wolf sulk from the question.
"Ha! Probably never–Ah that sounded a little bitter, sorry. Just can't see myself being lucky enough like you guys."

"Don't say that M/n, I know you will."M/n chuckles at this and quickly changes the subject to avoid the conversation at hand.

🐺🐺🐺

The next day M/n doesn't get out of bed that morning to leave the villa. He didn't have the energy to leave the boundary of his current hometown, instead, he wandered off through the surrounding forest to decompress.
"Yamanu, I feel so lonely."

"As do I, they were a delight to have and hold."M/n chuckles at this revelation, at first Yamanu wasn't too concerned with the nightly acts but when it came to talks during aftercare he grew to adore those moments.
"Never been the bitter type but man has this world changed me."

"Maybe it's because you're tired of being alone? I was after they left but..."

"But?"M/n parrots back just before his head begins to swim, he staggers over to a nearby tree and sits down with his back against it. Slowly but surely blacking out from the dizzying buzz of his head. When he opened his eyes he was somewhere different.
"Lord Yamanu...Anubis wishes to see you."

"Send him in, Khnemu."The woman looked identical to Candace, she bowed showing her respect then turned to wave at Anubis. The human woman snarls a bit at the traitor, she hated that her best friend was in such a state. Though she didn't mind taking over until he got better it was still sad to see such a strong man beaten so low.

Soon Anubis saunters into the room, his head held high as usual. However, when the door closes behind him, his upright posture sags a bit.
"Hello Nubi–"

"Haven't heard anyone call me that in so long...Sekhmet, our dearest lioness contacted me and pleaded that I come to see you. Sorry it took so long, you've seen better days I must admit."M/n watched on in awe, why was Anubis here and even seemed remorseful for what happened?
"Yamanu, I...I'm so alone there..."

"What?"Yamanu was genuinely shocked by this revelation from the ever-so-prideful man. Anubis drops to his knees before Yamanu and lies his head on the lap of the other. His shoulders shake as soft whimpers leave him.
"Nubi..."

"Everything is my fault...I did what I thought was right! I put everyone's life before his for the greater good but all I did was ignore everyone I harmed along the way. Al-Ahmar, he didn't deserve to die but by the time I realized that he fixed his wrongdoing, my Polearm was already in his chest. I became a hero to everyone but the clan that cared for me the most thinks me to be a murderer, and their right to think so. I am..."His majestic ears lie atop his head as he looks up at Yamanu. The wolf couldn't help but feel sorry for his old friend.
"I don't know what to do nor do I know what I want...Who I want.."Yamanu flinched as Anubis pushed himself closer to the wolf.

The lord of the sands didn't understand what was going on with Anubis at all.
"Aren't you happy with her? You two were in love, so much in fact that when I begged Het-Heru to comfort me, she turned away to trail after you. Leaving me on the ground in tears...She didn't have to love me like I loved her I just wanted someone to be there."Yamanu doesn't move as Anubis's breath fans over his lips from how close he was.
"Honestly...She should have chosen you over me. I'm a disgrace to the Mahamatra, I allowed myself to love when it was against our code."

"Het-Heru was your first love?"

"No...You are."