III

Fʀᴏᴍ ᴛʜᴇ ᴏᴜᴛsɪᴅᴇ ʟᴏᴏᴋɪɴɢ ɪɴ

Tighnari sighed as he entered the cafe, though Collei was capable, it worried him since M/n was still very much unpredictable at the moment but still too weary to make a sudden move

"Nari?"

"Oh sorry Cyno, was I late?"

"No you're on time, but what was that sigh about?"Cyno asked with a bit of worry to match his current lover. Once Tighnari got comfortable and ordered his food, he explained the situation as best as he could.
"Hmm, Wolf-kin aren't known to attack without reason even when they're in a corner. I'm sure this M/n understands his situation more than anything but isn't sure if he can feel at peace after what happened. It's commonly known as survivor's guilt. From how you described it, He must have been the lone survivor of this dune collapse and with that weight on his shoulder and no real support due to Dehya's schedule, M/n was practically left festering with this unchecked guilt and trauma."

"That's one way to put it but he also needs time away from the home that caused his trauma in the first place, though he responds to Collei very well."

"That's good, Collei needs more friends, I would like to be acquainted with him myself."

"Cyno, it's a bit too early for that, allow him to get settled in before you make your grand drop-in. I would regret introducing him to your horrible jokes..."

"Oh come now, they're not that bad."

🦊🦊🦊

Eventually, Cyno wore Tighnari down and was allowed to follow the fox back to the vile to see the wolf from the desert. However once they reached the hut housing M/n, he and Collei were gone.
"Uhh Nina! Where did Collei and Mister M/n run off to?"

"I saw Collei lead the newcomer towards the waterfall."

"Thank you."Tighnari and Cyno make their way through the forested area until the waterfall and the surrounding area becomes visible.
"I don't see them-"

"Ack! Mister M/n not too close or your tail will freeze!!"Just to the right was M/n and Collei and from the looks of it Collei grabbed M/n's tail to keep it from touching a mist flower while he was covered in water.
"...."

"Pft, you're like a sad wet puppy right now! I can't believe you slipped like that, hehehe!"

"Seems like Collei is enjoying this more than he is. So he's the wolf of the sands...Mister M/n isn't some normal wolf-kin, he's from the Ranma clan."Cyno's eyes never leave the dazed wolf-kin. It was known that those who were a part of that didn't converse with humans other than the Eremites and those of Aaru village.
"You know who he is?"

"No, not personally but I've had many odd run-ins with him and Dehya. They use the sand as a smoke bomb in a sense due to many of them being Anemo users. He doesn't seem to have one nor to be in his right mind..."As Cyno and Tighnari continued to watch they took notice that M/n closed his eyes just as the wind blew and turned his face up to the sun above.
"M/n, are you okay? Eh!? Wh-Why are you crying!? Is something hurting?"Collei checks all around the male to make sure he is okay but M/n shakes his head and hums lightly, as if coming back to his senses just for a moment.
"I can't take a loss like that again...
I'd rather float off in the wind
But maybe this is how it's supposed to be
I guess we'll see~"

"...Did...Did you just sing??"Collei was in shock while looking up at the tall Wolf-kin who popped a small smile though he was there for that moment his eyes were still empty. Finally, M/n was able to break through but it didn't last long, some part of the past M/n was causing his current situation. Though he too was heartbroken that his best friend died, he wished to get closer but couldn't due to the primal instinct holding him back. M/n holds his hand out and suddenly the wind collets at his palm as a small vortex...

 M/n holds his hand out and suddenly the wind collets at his palm as a small vortex