Chapter 85- Amyra

She was covered in his blood. It was all over her face, her hands and armor. For some reason, Helena's hands started shaking. It was like she doubted herself when killing him.

She killed him. Helena killed Damien, the immortal king beyond the Wall. She actually killed him. Looking at his lifeless body now she needed to process that she has actually murdered him on the command of someone else.

She wouldn't have moved if it weren't for King Jaelon applauding behind her back. Helena turned around, strands of her hair in front of her face dripping with blood. Whether it was her own or his was unknown, but what really bothered her was the King smiling at her, admiring her murder.

"So it is true!" King Jaelon laughed, approaching her as his smile slowly faded away. Soon enough he was just centimeters from her.

"I heard you fight quite well, although you have allot more to learn." But she wasn't quite listening. All she could think of was how the life from his eyes left, almost faded away. Helena had killed so many people, yet for some reason this got to her.

This was not like her. She never would've killed someone for someone else's entertainment or excitement. And it was Damien.

Suddenly King Jaelon's hand touched her cheek and slowly turned her face back to Damien's body. The King was standing very close to her, his mouth close to her ear. She could hear his steady breaths and the warmth from his body.

"You have a gift."  He whispered as he removed a strand of her hair from her face, soaked in blood. Helena wanted to cry, but it was like... she was empty.

"Few Targaryens gain the gift of agility and strength, hunger for blood. That is what makes an assassin." King Jaelon spoke to her as if to telling her a beautiful story, ignoring Damien's body.

Helena didn't quite understand why he would say it was a gift. Before this, she was a simple bastard in the North, weak and vulnerable. She didn't know the first thing about throwing a punch before.

And now... she managed to kill Damien.

Helena felt a sudden pain on her cheek, the open wound.  King Jaelon proceeded to wipe his thumb on her cheek.

"Your tears are hopeless, love. You're gonna have to get used to killing."

Helena looked back at him, this time she had a bitter emotion running through her, sadness and most of all pain.

"I just want to go home." She whispered, mostly to herself.

The King looked at her as if he actually cared for a moment, just a small look of pity shining through those cold eyes which described him so very well.

Then he smiled mockingly.

"That's not possible, dear. It never will be." Helena felt her heart shrinking to her stomach, because something told her this was true. Helena usually did not fear because she knew that she had just as much of a chance to win as opposed to her enemy.
But this time was different. She had no one here to back her up, she had no defense or army, no dragons or family. She had no chance against someone like King Jaelon.

"I will make you bend to my will, my sweet Helena." He said as he rubbed his thumb on her cheek softly, looking her deeply in her eyes as if what he had just was romantic and heartwarming.

"You will listen to only me. You will dedicate yourself to only me." He whispered as if it were sweet nothingness. Helena couldn't help but stare back into his eyes hopelessly, feeling lost in his beautiful and enchanting eyes.

"Don't." Helena pleaded.

One week later, King Jaelon's POV:

This was new to him. But it was expected and he was perfect for it. The King of Valyria is one of the most wanted and respected bachelors in the country, known for his war skills on one of the largest dragons and good looks. King Jaelon had no trouble with ladies and casually got his needs helped with.