Chapter 46~ The Raven

Tyrion's POV;

It was all so weird to him. There is a war that only the northerners know about, a war between the dead and the living, the Stark family is completely reunited and Helena is claimed as Queen in the North and even in a far magical land that only the Gods know of and their younger brother only happens to be the Three-eyed-raven. 

And there they were, the twins and the children of Rhaegar Targaryen and Lyanna Stark. Prince and Princess, King or Queen, it didn't matter... Tyrion knew that both of them had the power to be the equally rightful and wise person. 

However, Tyrion had not expected the younger ones to be so wise. However, as you go through stuff that children should not deal with, it kind of changes your way to think and see things. Tyrion was aware of that. 

"There is just.. so many things happening. Things I never would've believed." Tyrion said to Varys, looking out from the Wall. The Stark's were heading back to Winterfell, so was Tyrion. It was a long journey and Tyrion wasn't really looking forward to it. 

"The dragons-"

"Not just the dragons!" Tyrion exclaimed. "The fact that there's white walkers and a Night King, there's a raven and the children of the forest are real! What if... all the ancient stories are real?" 

"Why wouldn't they be?" Varys countered, giving him that typical look. "You can't prove it wrong and neither can I, but-"

"But they can." Tyrion finished, knowing it was true. In fact, there was nothing more to prove. They already had... The Stark's were of magical blood and so were the Targaryens, but why now? The dragons, the raven, the night walkers! It didn't make sense to Tyrion and he tried and tried to find a logical answer but could not find it. 

"What did the boy say then?" Varys questioned, curious as everyone else. It was no secret, so there was no harm in telling Varys. Besides, he was someone they could trust. He was the one who convinced Tyrion to come here in the first place!

Tyrion shook his head, narrowing his eyes. "The boy is clearly a raven, which is why I believe what he's saying." Yes.. It was true, Tyrion believed because he had not believed at first. Brandon had seen through that and said things that Tyrion had not talked about since he left King's Landing. 

In detail. 

"He told Helena very little of the future, mostly of the past. He cleared the Queens and Jon's view but also said that the future would be...complicated." Well, not that Tyrion understood. Brandon's explanation was undefined. 

All Tyrion understood was that Helena had to give up allot more than she already had, that she would learn to love two sides of two differences, whatever that meant. 

Helena's POV;

Winterfell was her home and when she finally thought she was going to have it back she wasn't. This time Winterfell wasn't taken from her, but someone was taking her from it. 

She was just happy that they were all together for the time it was worth. Helena could never forgive herself for not being able to save Rickon, but one thing was certain. 

Helena took a hold of Brandon's hand and smiled kindly, looking at everyone else. "I will never fail to protect you. Jon and I... We will do everything in order to protect you." 

"Nothing will ever harm you." Jon promised, clearly agreeing on something. Helena and Jon didn't really have much time to talk through what was going on at the moment. To be fair, they needed the talk. 

Helena had been desperate to save her brother all along, to be close to him and to train with him at the Wall. 

As she walked out of the room, outside to check on Claw, she heard Jon following her close by. 

"Hell!" he called as she turned around, seeing him run towards her. "Wait." 

"Jon-"

"You've said what you have to say," he said to her, his eyes determined. "But I haven't. You may be a Queen or whatever they chose to call you, but I am still your twin brother. I have a say in this as well..."

"Jon..."

"No, Helena! Father said that no matter what we stick together! We protect each other, we fight and we keep fighting until we win! The North remembers, isn't that right?" He sounded angry and this time that anger was directed towards her. 

Something Jon never had done before. 

"I know that you have a far greater destiny, I know what you've been through... But honestly, Hell.. I've died once, I fought the White walkers and I spent weeks beyond the Wall with people trying to hunt me down. I've lost just as much as you have."

Helena looked at him with murderous eyes. "Excuse me?" 

"Yes, I have lost as much as you have-"

Helena shook her head. "It's one thing to lose someone, but it's different when you witness it with your own eyes, Jon! Did you see father's head fall off his body or have your own son impaled by his father?! Did you see Rob die? Or Rickon? Did you witness your own sister being tortured? Have you been raped and defiled?!" 

"Hell-"

"I refuse to argue about who's been through the most, Jon." Helena said, tears in her eyes. "But I won't stand here and pretend that everything's fine. I won't stand here saying that I will fight when I know that I can save everyone from dying! Instead of worrying-"

"He's right, you know." Another voice said suddenly. 

It had been a long time and he had matured into a man, so no wonder she didn't recognize his voice. But she'd recognize that face anywhere along with those eyes. 

"Bran..." she whispered, thinking it was bad to fight in front of him. But she reminded herself once again! Bran was no longer a boy, he had probably witnessed far worse things than an ugly fight between siblings. 

He was grown now, he was a part of this and Helena could not push away that fact. 

"You need to know," Bran said. "That you have options... If you marry him, he'll just make you fall in love with him. You'll see the world that he sees and you'll know that eventually, you'll have to do what he wants no matter what. You can always fight him."

"Bran, I don't care what he makes me do-"

"Even if it means killing every meaningful person to you? Just to cut the ties?" 

Helena did not recognize Bran. He was not the boy he was before, he was... the raven. He wasn't the Brandon she once knew and she wasn't the sister he once had. Coming to a realisation, she knew she had to accept the fact that things had changed.

She had to trust. 

Helena wouldn't let the Night King touch any of them, after all. She had risked her life to get this family together again and she would do it all over again and again if that's what it took. 

So she looked at Bran and nodded. "What do I need to do?" He gave her a small smirk, as if to thank her. 

"You know enough..." Bran said. "And you'll know even more soon enough. Besides, you are a Stark as much as you are Targaryen. We will help you along the way."

"As a family." Jon reassured.