Chapter 69~ Loyalty oath

War was coming their way, war was getting close and they were all preparing for what they might think was their last night to live at all whatsoever. The free folk, the dothraki, the Unsullied and the Northerners.

They were all together, spending what might be their last night with their loved ones.

"I can't wait to see him." Arya said to Helena, smirking as she did. Had Helena not known better, she would've told her little sister that this was nothing to look forward to. But Helena understood Arya, she had a passion and this just might be it.

Helena loved a clean kill as well, but war...

"Don't let your guard down when it comes to it," Helena warned her sister. "I know you're skilled, but I would burn down all of Winterfell if you died in order to avenge you."

"You say so, but you don't have that heart." Arya surprised her every time. She wasn't that little girl anymore that used to play with wooden swords and say dream about one day learning how to fight.

Arya was a skilled assassin and sometimes it scared Helena to know what her little sister had been through.

However...

"You're right, I probably wouldn't, but don't underestimate me."

Some time after that, Helena found herself needing to get one thing done before the horrid tings that were going to happen. She wanted to do something, since it might just be the last time she gets to see it ever again.

Before, Helena didn't understand Robert Baratheons interest in the crypt. She knew he wanted to see her, but Helena herself had never quite taken a look at her... Curiosity hit her though.

She walked down to the crypt where she had been so many times with her father to respect the dead in their family and as she walked down she felt herself getting nervous. She had been here before so she didn't understand the big deal.

But then again, this time she was seeing her in a different way. Not as her dead aunt, but as her dead mother.

Finally, she found herself standing before the statue of Lyanna Stark. The beautiful Lyanna Stark that was said to have been kidnapped by Rhaegar. When in reality... they loved each other.

Helena had not noticed until now, but they did look like alike somehow. The statue probably wasn't exactly like her but it was enough for Helena to imagine.

"I never understood when father said I had her eyes, when they said you had a striking resemblance to her."

Jon was walking towards her, his Valyrian sword on his hip and that fur coat large and big fitting him exactly the way it should. For a moment, when Helena looked quickly, he looked just like Lord Eddard Stark.

"They all say you look like her." Jon finally said, standing right next to her. He was taller than her so it was natural when she looked up at him, seeing those eyes that only she could look through. Those eyes that were just like hers yet so incredibly different.

"They all say you look like Rhaegar Targaryen himself."

"Well, he was our father." Jon said with a smirk which made Helena smile. It made Helena think...

"We never had a mother." Helena said, almost sadly. "A mother figure in our lives... Lady Catelyn took care of us but... I always wanted that love that a mother could offer, the way that I was going to give my son. The way Cersei gave her children or how Lady Catelyn gave to our siblings."

Jon was quiet for a while, which was okay. Helena knew he had longed for a mother his entire life. Just like her.

"And here we are. This is all we have of her." Helena whispered, looking at the statue.