Chapter 15~ Tortured

Helena looked out at the sea from her window, tears running from her cheeks. She wondered if Robb knew about this and she hoped Lady Catelyn was going to be alright. Helena knew that the news was going to break her. Not to mention, Bran was still in a coma. 

After all, Helena understood. She had lost her son and father as well, she didn't even get to hold her own son before he died. Why did things have to end up like this? Why couldn't she just...

"I want to die." she whispered. 

Trying was not any of her choices any longer, Helena wanted nothing more than to die along with her father and her son. 

"You can't." a voice said behind her, surprising her. It was no voice she was unfamiliar with. Looking behind her was Tyrion Lannister, the imp. He had, just like King Robert, shown kindness towards her. Of course, they had not spoken very much and Helena did not really trust him just yet. 

But yet there he was. 

"You're a Queen of the Seven Kingdoms," Tyrion said, still walking towards her. "You need to be strong and keep your head held high." 

"What're you doing here?" Helena asked rudely, narrowing the imp with her cold, dead eyes. 

"I'm no enemy, Helena," he suddenly said. "What they did was... was horrifying." Helena furrowed her eyes and shook her head. The imp looked like he had sympathy for her, like he actually pitied her. 

"Queen Cersei is your sister, she's a Lannister like you. Why should I trust a word you put your energy into saying, Lord Tyrion?" 

"Because I, unlike my family, have a mind." Tyrion said, almost proudly. "I would never imagine of killing anybody's father but my own, or a child. And your father, Helena... Your father was a great man." Yes, he was. 

He was the most remarkably loyal man and Joffrey killed him and had his head on a spike for the entire kingdom to see. The thought made her shake with anger, sadness and guilt. He was a great man, and it was not his time to die. 

Not like that. 

"He killed my father and my son," Helena whispered. "He killed his son, our son! I buried that child for nine months and I didn't even get to hold my own son or see his face before Joffrey killed him." There was a small moment of silence. 

A silence where Helena's memories went back to the death of her loved ones and could not do anything but cry. 

"You have to stay strong-"

"Why do you keep saying that? You don't know how it feels to have lost-"

"Because I know who you really are." Tyrion said, looking at Helena blankly. But it was merely impossible. He couldn't actually know who she was, right? Or maybe she was just overthinking it? Maybe he was going to say something completely different!

"What do you mean?" Helena asked carefully. 

"Don't worry," Tyrion suddenly said. "If I was your enemy, I'd tell the entire world by now! But I won't, merely because I believe in you."

"I don't know what you're-"

But before Helena could say something, a maiden came inside the room and curtsied. "I apologize, my Queen.. But the King has summoned you to the Great Hall."

Helena looked at Tyrion with disbelief. She had not spoken to Joffrey ever sine her fathers and sons death. Naturally, he would always come and apologize, but not even an apology would make up for what he did. 

Tyrion left as a maiden got Helena dressed up, showing her cleavage more than often. But Helena knew why. If she had no desire to die, she would need to look stunning and beautiful, she had to be likable. 

As the maiden, Liza, got her ready Helena could not help but cry. She obviously had the desire to die, she wanted nothing more than to die right now.

Once the maiden was done with Helena she started to walk towards the Great Hall along with Sir Devrys. Helena could not blame sir Devrys and had not blamed him at all, she felt like all of this was on one person only. 

Cersei Lannister. 

She took a deep breath. "Sir Devrys."

"Yes, my Queen?" 

"Remember what we talked about? About taking the Iron Throne?" 

"Yes." he said with confusion. 

"Keep on remembering it." Helena said quietly as the door to the Great Hall opened and Helena entered, sir Devrys close behind. 

Joffrey seem to lit up, but not in the way she wanted him to. Helena suddenly walked by Sansa who looked like a living zombie. Despite that, she was as beautiful as ever, but Helena had clearly seen that her sister had been crying. 

"It seems," Joffrey said as Helena was close enough. "That you have worked against me with your brother for treason." Treason? Again? 

"I have not." Helena said blankly, trying not to show any emotions. 

"Oh, but you have!" Joffrey got up from the Iron Throne, standing behind the Hound as ser Meryn watched Helena closely from the side. 

Suddenly, he was holding a bow, aiming right at her. "They have my uncle, Jamie." Robb had Jamie Lannister?

This meant that Robb knew of fathers death, this meant that they were plotting war. This was a message they were sending... Robb was coming for them! 

"I would have you killed, it would send your brother a message, but as I said... They have my uncle and mother insists on keeping you alive." Cersei? 

Helena looked confused, not really knowing what was going to happen to her. But whatever it was, she was scared. 

"So I will make it an accident," Joffrey suddenly said.  "I will have you put in your chambers, the entire room burning you alive! Robb Stark will think of it as an accident or rather suicide!"

Helena shook her head. "My King, I beg you-"

"Oh, don't worry! I will let people enjoy Westeros' greatest beauty before she dies."

Helena could hear how Devrys was breathing hard behind her, clearly angry and filled with wrath. Helena knew, out of all people, how much hatred Devrys held against Joffrey. Not to mention, Helena was more than certain that Devrys would be able to kill every man in this room. 

He was stronger than any man she had seen before, maybe because he himself was a dragonlord. 

"Ser Meryn, it looks like my Queen is a bit overdressed."

"Joffrey, please.." Helena almost whispered the words out, looking at Joffrey with a plea. But he showed no mercy. Instead, ser Meryn walked towards her, but before he could do anything Helena looked behind and gave Devrys the look to not interfere. 

If he did, he would probably end up on a spike as well. 

"Unburden her." Joffrey said with a smirk as ser Meryn ripped Helena's dress off on the back. Joffrey shook his head and laughed. 

"Leave her face, I like it pretty. Do what you will with her." Helena felt the tears burning in her eyes as she tried to choke them down with all her might. 

"Stop!" Helena shouted just as ser Meryn ripped her dress off enough to reveal her chest. Helena was quick to cover chest and look down to the ground as the tears started to rush out of her eyes. 

"Stand in line!" Joffrey suddenly said as he sat on his Iron Throne. "Those who want to fuck my wife need to make it quick though, I plan on burning her alive after this."