Chapter 21~ The Red Map

Helena looked at the men with a murderous intent, she was not strong enough to kill 30 men all by herself and she knew, no matter how strong Devrys or Robb was, that they did not have a chance either. 

However, they would try. 

All three of them went around Lady Stark, protecting her since she was the one not being able to fight. It made Helena all more angry to know that once again, the Stark family has been betrayed once again. 

"My Queen, you should leave with Lady Stark-"

"I won't." Helena said as she protectively held the dagger above her face, her arm crossing her face. "I will stand and fight, I will not run." And it seemed Claw, Stark and Rhaegar were ready for the fight, too.

Devrys nodded and Helena knew, that no matter what, Devrys would protect her and her family. 

And so the fight began. 

Jon's POV;

Cold. 

It was always cold and dead at the Wall. Nothing seemed to happen, not ever. Except for the letters he'd gotten, no more action was actually visible at the Wall. Jon wanted to act, he didn't just want to sit and look out for nothing at all. 

But now... 

"That is insane," Sam said in Jon's defense. "There hasn't been dragons for... well, a very long time. Not since Aegon the Conqueror's time." And it was true. 

Jon had heard of it though. A white Queen in the east with three dragons and an army of dothraki. However...

He never would've expected his own twin sister to possess two dragons of her own or to be a Queen nonetheless. Nor did he expect rumors about her being a Targaryen. 

"She's my sister," Jon said to the black knights. "I know her better than anyone. She would've told me if she knew she was a Targaryen."

"But she's your twin," Eddison said. "That would naturally make you one, too."

"No, it wouldn't!" Jon said angrily, panting. It couldn't be... Right? 

Another man came forth, looking mainly at Jon. This man, from what Jon could see, was bald and fat. He looked... familiar. A little, at least. Jon tried to search through his memories where he'd seen this man before. Maybe it was just his imagination, but somehow the man was familiar. 

He wasn't a man of the black, at least. That much was clear. 

"Jon Snow," the man said, almost with fascination. "I was at the Queens side while during her stay. I wouldn't say I was close to her, but I am definitely loyal to her."

"And you are?" Jon asked. 

"Varys, also known as Lord Varys." Lord Varys. There it was... Jon had heard of this man before.  Not very much and certainly not in detail but just a few things. 

"You're the man who betrayed the last King, along with many others. Why should I believe a thing you say about the Queen- my sister?" Logical enough the men of the nights watch nodded, actually agreeing upon his statement. 

"I did what had to be done-"

"So if my sister needs to be killed, you'll do it?" Lord Varys looked at Jon with what seemed like... well, a blank and empty look.

"It seems you've been mistaken," Varys said, his fur coat tight on his chubby body. "My betrayal was because of one thing: the Mad King was mad and he did not prior the people. He did not care about them, whereas your sister fought against that same ideal that Joffrey had. She cares about the people."