Chapter 50~ At peace with the dead

Margaery's POV;

Everyday another Queen was growing in another land, someone allot stronger than her or Cersei or anyone in King's Landing. Jamie said so himself, they should all fear her for not only did she have dragons, but she had the ability to fight like a man as well. 

Margaery had never thought about fighting, never thought about picking up a sword and actually killing someone with it. But then again, she was northerner. 

"The entire family is reunited," lady Olenna said to Margaery. "They said that the Stark's would fade and yet they rose to be a very powerful House once again with only few members in the family."

"But rightfully Helena would be a-" Lady Olenna nodded, interrupting her grandchild. 

"A Targaryen, very much so. But she still calls herself Helena, not Elyana. She was raised as a Stark, as was her twin brother, and as Stark's they will remain." Margaery understood that very well. 

She'd heard how well Lord Stark had treated his so called bastards, how he made no difference between his bastard twins and his own children. Yet, only to discover, that Lord Stark never had any bastards. 

All along, he was protecting his sisters children. The ones with Targaryen blood. She just wish she could've met these two twins.

Margaery knew of Sansa, of course... A sad girl who'd gone through hell and survived it still. Very beautiful and very kind, may not look like it but she was quite smart too. She learned with time. 

As far as she heard of Arya she only knew that the little sister had become a fighter. Not just any fighter but for the faceless men, this was intel that only her grandmother could get. Then there was little Brandon. 

Little brother, the new Raven as Margaery heard. Quite something, since there hasn't been one for thousand of years. At least as Margaery knew it. 

And then there was Jon. The twin brother and the Lord Commander, the one who brought the Wildlings into the North, the one whom was said to be resurrected from death. He was handsome, as Margaery heard it. 

But then again, he had to be handsome if his sister was considered the greatest beauty in the Seven Kingdoms. 

"There is a war coming," Lady Olenna said, looking out at the narrow sea. "And when it comes, we've got to be on the right side." 

"What is the right side?" Margaery questioned, but mostly herself. 

"That is for you to chose." her grandmother said, which was true. But how would Margaery know right from wrong? She felt as if everything she did was spontaneous. Certainly, most of it was well-thought but... it was also her grandmothers guidance. 

"Why did you choose Helena?" Margaery asked her grandmother, curious about the betrayal her grandmother was about to make in the future. 

Her grandmother shook her head a little and laughed. "The Lannister's are at power. Joffrey is dead but he's done much harm and his mother is yet alive. There hasn't been dragons for thousands of years and all of a sudden... this girl, this heir to the Iron Throne, comes with two large dragons big enough to cover an entire city." 

Her grandmother spoke very highly, as if to praise Helena, and it only made Margaery more curious and enlightened. 

"I chose Helena Stark because I believe in her. She fights for a good cause and the throne is not her main focus." 

"How would you know that?" 

"Because I've seen people crazy enough to burn down cities for the throne. She could've killed us all the day she came for Joffrey... She had an army and she had her dragons, but she played fairly." And that was true. 

Margaery never understood that... Helena could have ended them all in fire or ordered her army to impale all of them. But Margaery noticed herself that despite Helena's hatred for Cersei, she did not kill her but instead...

Instead killed her son so she would live for it, until one day Cersei would beg for Helena to kill her. 

 "Grandmother..." Margaery said thoughtfully, thinking about her current position. "What would that mean for us? Would we be under the control of Targaryen's again?" 

"We would be at peace with the dead." 

Suddenly, hell actually broke loose. 

Helena's POV;

She had never liked coming back into this city, she hated it and wished for it to burn down. However, she could not deny the fact that the city itself was very beautiful. But this was where it all had happened once upon a time. 

Helena sat on a carriage, the cloak on her hiding her entire body and face, Dev and Jon sitting close by. For some reason, Helena felt vulnerable here. Living her before reminded her of a time where she could not fight, where she was useless and weak. 

And very much indeed, the people here still lived in fear. 

"Not much has changed," Dev said, as if reading her mind. "Everything is about the same." 

"I was just thinking that." Helena said, but very quietly. She knew that people here wouldn't be able to recognize her voice but still... She had to be sure. 

Before she even knew it, they were walking inside castle walls, pretending to be sellers for the castle. 

Sitting in the carriage, she could feel how her heart started aching. Seeing these castle walls only reminded her of everything horrible in her life. Memories started to flush back into her mind like waves of water, drowning her and suffocating her. 

But she had to keep her calm. 

Jon put his hand on hers, knowing what she felt. Jon would always, just like before, know what she felt. 

"You'll be alright," he said, reminding her of something important. "We're going to get him out of here." 

If he even wants to, Helena thought to herself. 

The carriage stopped and for what felt like hours they were finally inside the castle. Although, it was a completely different floor from the nobles. From here on, Helena would have to make it up to royal's now or she would never get the chance to. 

They had back up waiting for their signal if needed, they had everything they needed, but Helena just wanted her son, her little prince. 

Helena was certain that her son would be somewhere in Cersei's chambers. Otherwise, he'd be in danger. 

So without telling Dev or Jon, too eager to say anything, Helena started to quickly walk away like a silent assassin, unnoticed. Helena felt a rush going through her suddenly, a rush of eager and happiness. 

When needed, she hid behind walls or pretended to be a maid of some sort, and it worked for no noble would ever look at a girl with a dirty cloak on her and a dirty dress. Besides, her face was very much hidden so no one really did care for her. 

However, had she shown her face just a little anyone would've noticed the face of the Queen whose name goes by Targaryen. Helena kept on running when the coast was clear, when nobody was around and when everything was silent and safe. 

"Stop." 

And so she did.