Chapter 66~ With fire and blood

"I thought you married him to keep them away." Daenerys said to Helena, which was partially the plan.

"Well, it seems that it's more complicated than that..." After all, Helena knew something they did not know.

"Why?" Jon questioned. "Don't get me wrong I'm glad to have you back, but what was so complicated?"

Helena shrugged and exhaled. "In order for the whites to be in his control, he has to get married to someone who loves him."

"And you don't?" Daenerys questioned her mockingly.

Helena gazed at her. "No." She said blankly. "I don't."

"Have you even tried the ritual?" She asked again, as if demanding to know.

Once again, Helena bit her jaw and shook her head solemnly.

"No."

"Then how would you know if you love him?"

"I don't love him."

"Yet, you didn't try the ritual." She persisted. Helena could literally feel Devrys starting at her and she could not help but look at him quickly.

"I didn't try the ritual because I know I don't love him! Besides, it's too late. They're already planning on war."

"Are you sure?" Jon asked just as Helena nodded. She told them everything, how many the army of the dead were and that they needed to be ready.Helena looked at her twin and nodded with regret.

"Yes." she sighed. "I am absolutely sure..."

"Then we need to prepare." Devrys said, looking at Helena with hard eyes. Those damned and beautiful warrior eyes.

"If they're coming we are going to need every help we can get." Tyrion said, sitting a bit further away from the rest. Helena knew what he meant, knew what he was proposing... And she agreed.

"It is time we put our prides to the side," Helena murmured. "If we want to survive this we really need every bit of help we can get."

"What do you mean, Elyana?" Daenerys questioned, almost feeling threatened as Helena saw it.

"I mean we need Cersei's help." Everyone started protesting except for Jon, Dev and Tyrion.

"No-"

"Hear me out!" Helena almost growled. "Just hear me out!" Then it silent, however, not for long.

"I want Cersei dead as much as you do," Helena said, looking at Daenerys whom was glaring at her with disbelief. What did she think? That Helena wanted her alive and well?

"I want her beneath the ground... but we are going to be there with her if we don't work together. And I will not let thousands of children, women and women die because we refused to make peace with the enemy."

"How dare you." Daenerys suddenly said, her deadly eyes gazing at Helena. "How dare you defend a woman that clearly doesn't want us here? That doesn't want any good for anyone but herself! Do you know what she's done?!" Helena tried to keep calm as Daenerys spoke, thinking she knew Cersei.

But there was always a limit to what was being spoken.

For a moment, Helena even wanted to slap her aunt for asking such stupid questions.

Then she interrupted her, Helena's eyes having that flame in them that made everyone in the room go quiet. Her eyes went from a vibrant and light violet color to a dark, flaming, violet and ashy color.

"Cersei is the reason my father is dead," Helena said sternly. "I thought my son was dead, instead she took him away from me. She's the reason my family is slaughter, the reason Lady Catelyn is dead! She kept my sister a hostage and tortured her, she tortured me! Yes, I know what she's capable of. I know allot more than you do, Queen Daenerys!" Everyone went quiet.

Daenerys especially.

"I'll tell you this one time, one time only! If you wish to survive then stay, but if you'd rather rule over a graveyard then be my guest. You haven't seen what I've seen so I suggest you sit your Targaryen ass down and listen before I myself make you do it."

"Excuse me-"

"No need to be clever." Helena said, eyes narrowed. "You can plan on how to take me down after we win this alive. That's if you make it out alive."

Suddenly someone who hadn't said a single word opened her mouth. Everyone listened, for no one would miss a word she was about to say.

"If I may," Lyanna Mormont said. "But the North has chosen their ruler and as I recall so has the people from Kings Landing. They hid Jon and Helena for several reasons and one being that they're true heirs to the throne."

Daenerys smiled, not quite taking Lyanna Mormont seriously.

"You see me as a little girl," Lyanna said to her. "But I am the Lady of my House... I've chosen my Queen and so has the northerners. Helena Snow of House stark and House Targaryen."

Helena gave Lyanna a thankful look and after a while everything was discussed and they all agreed on something: they needed to work together.

However, Helena knew deep in her heart that Daenerys wasn't just going to let this go. That's why Helena made a decision that she tried to keep herself from doing. Nonetheless, this couldn't just be forgotten or excused.

Maybe Helena wasn't Queen material, but she could try to stop madness.

Helena walked along the halls, alone, to Daenerys chambers. The only sound was her footsteps and the cold wind outside.

And finally she reached Daenerys chambers.

She knocked and opening the door was Missandei, Daenerys trustworthy friend. How trustworthy she was to Helena could be discussed. After all, Missandei's loyalty laid with Dany. Not with Helena.

"Good evening." Helena said sternly. "I need to talk to you." Helena said, looking at Daenerys.

"About what?" She was playing the innocent one. Helena knew this part of Daenerys...

"I have no desire of becoming Queen." Helena said, narrowing her violet light eyes.

"But that is not your choice, now is it?" Daenerys stubbornly persisted as her white pale hair fell down on her shoulders like waterfalls. Her white fur coat was perfect on her tiny body. There was no denying it, her aunt was very beautiful. However, even Helena could see the hunger for power in her eyes.

"However," Helena said, eyes narrowed. "If I was to be out on that throne, I wish no harm to anyone. You can't control everything, Dany."

"Oh but I can."

"How?"

"With fire and blood."

"That's not even logical." Helena snarled. "You're gonna have to do more than fire and blood, cause if it's war you want because of that damn chair than you're no better than your father."

"You can't compare me to my father, I am not a mad man."

"Yet you want to kill me to get to the throne."

"I never said that."

"You didn't have to." Helena threw something on the bed and looked at Daenerys with blank eyes.

On the bed was a Valyrian steel dagger, shiny and sharp.

"If you're going to kill me, then you do it yourself."