Chapter 74~ Queen of Ashes

They knew who she was, they hadn't forgotten her face.

"Elyana!" they said, screaming out her name in plea. "Helena, help!" She tried, she truly had tried. No one had gotten hurt just yet, they were just scared.

Vengeance was supposed to feel good. When you get your cengeance it's supposed to feel good because you know you're not doing something so bad it could kill more than an entire city. Killing the army of the dead was one thing...They did it because of humanity. They had done something good.

But now?

Helena was disgusted, had this feeling that this was not the way.

"Grayworm!" She roared as she saw that he was trying to lead the army further in. He looked at her, mad. She understood that he was in pain, but he was not heartless.

"When I say go, you go! If I don't-"

"I don't take orders from you, you are not my Queen!" Helena was just about to stop him but when she did, Cersei's army was already standing in front of them. They were all quiet and Daenerys had done her job, not perfectly but it hadn't gone to hell. Besides, Helena did not believe that Dany had the heart to do something so heartless. Something to savage.

"Stop." Helena ordered, which everyone did as she walked to the front and stood there, hoping to hear a bell, hoping for something to happen. If they went any further into the city they'd be seeing more than just armies. Children, women and men would be killed!

Helena was praying, was hoping deep in her heart, that they'd surrender. The roars of Drogon, his shrieks, made the soldiers look at unease. Of course, they were halfway to a win. No matter what, Cersei had lost. That much was for sure.

"Drop your swords," Helena insisted. "Drop them and you'll all be spared." She hoped that they would just drop their swords. She hoped for their own sake and for the sake everyone else in the city.

Helena looked at one of them with a plea just as Drogons shriek was heard. The men looked scared and it wasn't very strange considering none of them had seen a dragon in their life.

Jon, who was next to her, seemed to feel the same way she did. Helena knew that he did not desire war or more blood shed. They had fought their very lives to save human lives!

This was a waste.

Suddenly, they dropped their weapons. One by one, she could hear the sound of the swords hitting the ground.

Relieved, she breathed out and closed her eyes in triumph.

Cersei'a POV;

If she was to ring the bell they would all be saved. She would keep on living, she would be having her baby... Cersei knew for a fact that they were losing.

"We are not going to survive this." They told her as she looked out the windows. Daenerys Targaryen was only on one of her dragons but it was strange that Helena was not.

Why was Helena on the battlefield and not on her dragons? How come she was letting Daenerys take the lead? Who was the true Queen?

She hadn't forgotten what Helena was like... she had not forgotten what everyone else was saying about Elyana Visenya Targaryen, the true heir to the iron throne...

The people of Kings Landing weren't going to chose Daenerys either way, they were going to chose the Queen they had seen grow inside the gates of the Red Keep.

"Ring the bells." Cersei decided, knowing that it was the wisest choice to make now. In order to survive.

At least so she thought.

Jon's POV:

The bell rang and once again Jon felt like they could avoid another bloodbath. He never would've thought that Cersei would give up. Not ever...

He took a look at his twin sister and exhaled in relief, taking a hold of her hand. Greyworm did not seem too happy to hear the bell ring. Then again... the love of his life had just been killed by a malicious Queen.

"It's over." Helena said, mostly to herself it seemed like.

Jon looked at the other men and nodded, as if to tell them that they could leave without any one getting harmed. And they were going to, they were about to leave and keep on living their lives in complete peace.

At least they thought so, and not to be fooled, Jon thought so too.

There was no denying that Jon had been betrayed too many times to be able to even count them. However, this was nothing like the other times.

The bell still rang, but along with that you could see Drogon keep on spitting fire. Not at soldiers, not just at stone houses...

At innocent people. Daenerys was ordering the dragon to kill innocent people with dragon fire, she was spitting fire at innocent people.

The minute she did that, was the very minute greyworm kept on fighting the soldiers whom had surrendered. Whom had given up!

"No!" Jon shouted, trying to keep his people back, trying to make them see that this was not it!

"Get back!" Helena shouted, desperate. "GET BACK!"

But for the first time, they did not listen to her.

Helena's POV;

This was her cue, this was it... she did not believe that this could happen but it was and she needed to act quickly. Helena gave her brother on single look and shook her head.

"Find Damien and Dev, go to the Red Keep and save her."

"Save her?" Jon questioned, shouting. "You want us to SAVE her?!"

"YES!" Helena roared. "She is pregnant, you will save her!"

He didn't question her any further, which gave Helena time to do what she needed to do. She closed her eyes and started to speak in Valyrian, calling upon her dragons.

She had a bond with them, she could connect with them, so she knew how call upon them. And quite honestly, it didn't take Rhaegar or Stark much time to get there either.

Ten seconds passed by and Rhaegar landed on one of the houses with Stark flying above. Helena couldn't help but smile even though everyone else reacted as their Queen got up on a dragon that was much bigger and much more dangerous. It should've frightened everyone more, except it didn't.

Helena took one look at Drogon and Daenerys, seeing that she was still commanding Drogon to spit fire. Helena felt her heart raise at the sound of children, little children, burning alive.

With a murderous look Helena got on Rhaegar and flew off towards Daenerys.

The minute Helena and her dragons started to fly, Drogon looked behind him and started to shriek horribly.

He was scared, and so was Daenerys. She knew, Drogon knew, that she was coming to cast the bloody Queen of ashes down into the ashes.

"Valar morghulis!" Helena said in Valyrian.