Chapter 39~ Girl of Ice and Fire

It was colder than ever now as Helena stood there, on that field, fighting side by side with everyone around her. 

Dev was out there, killing the army of the dead, the men of the knights watch were fighting and the wildlings were, too. They were all fighting side by side, they were all fighting for the exact same thing: life. 

Looking around, she would not ever believe it herself if it came from someone else. But this was the real thing. This was death, and this was exactly everything it could not possibly be. Maybe this is what... what Jon meant. 

The white walkers. 

"Helena!" Turning around, she saw Dev looking at her desperately with his perfect sapphire eyes. Her heart almost stopped when she hadn't seen him on the field, but he was here now... He was here. 

Devrys would always be with her, that was his promise. 

"Dev!" Helena ran towards him and along the way stubbed a white walker with her valyrian steel. With Ice, the sword used by her father to execute, the sword given to the Stark's. The only heirloom the Stark's have left. 

As she reached Dev they stood back to back with each other, fighting the enemies off, helping each other. 

"You have to get out of here!" Dev shouted as he kicked a white walker, impaling his sword into it and killing it. 

Helena shook her head though, she couldn't just abandon everyone here. She couldn't!

"No." Helena said. "I will fight along-"

"Helena, you are the Queen, without you we're all lost-"

"Jon." Helena said as she kicked the white walker, sword flying across its body. She turned around, took a hold of Dev's hand and started running with him back to the castle. 

She knew what to do..

"Helena."

"I won't leave these people behind me, Dev!" She shouted as they both ran, just as she looked up at the sky. 

"Māzigon arlī!" Helena roared out in valyrian, meaning come back. Rhaegar and Stark only answered to valyrian for it was, like her, their mother tongue. Indeed, like every other time, the dragons were heard from not far away. 

"Helena, we can't."

"Trust me." she said as the dragons flew down to their mother, approaching her. Even from this distance, she could feel someone watching her. Whoever it was, it gave her chills down her spine...

But no time for that. 

Helena jumped on Rhaegar, his pale white skin almost shining as they started flying with Stark by their side. 

Melisandre's POV;

The red priestess was aware of the girls presence. She wasn't just feared, she was loved and respected, she had a gentle heart and yet she was still trying to set justice with the choice of others. 

She was something else...

The girl was riding her dragons, as seen in the fire, hair flying backwards like waterfalls, eyes so violet and beautiful they shone. Possessing beauty was what got her to the first step, being the bastard daughter of Ned Stark recognized her beauty to the King. 

Without that, she would never be here. 

"What are you really doing here?" Melisandre turned around, beautiful red hair flowing to her back as she faced ser Davos. 

Yes... this man hated her for what she had done to Stannis Baratheon's daughter. Melisandre could not blame him. She agreed, what she did was horrifying and terrible at all costs. But it was what God had wanted.