𝐯. a ride with a demon !

𝐂 𝐎 𝐒 𝐌 𝐈 𝐂   𝐋 𝐎 𝐕 𝐄   !

𝙲 𝙷 𝙰 𝙿 𝚃 𝙴 𝚁   𝙵 𝙸 𝚅 𝙴   !

𝔞 𝔯𝔦𝔡𝔢 𝔴𝔦𝔱𝔥 𝔞 𝔡𝔢𝔪𝔬𝔫 ! )

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ ⬩❖⬩ ⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

          𝐀𝐍𝐀 𝐇𝐀𝐃 𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐄 𝐓𝐎 𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐌𝐒 𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐇 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐀𝐂𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐓 𝐃𝐈𝐍𝐍𝐄𝐑 𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐇 𝐓𝐀𝐌𝐋𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐀𝐁𝐒𝐎𝐋𝐔𝐓𝐄 𝐓𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐔𝐑𝐄.

Why?

The dining room was silent aside from Lucien's conversation with Tamlin, both Feyre and Ana keeping to themselves as they ate. Ana noticed how Feyre slipped one of the dining knives from the table into the sleeve of her tunic, but she didn't dare say anything. After all, she had dual kindjals on her. It was only right that Feyre had something to defend herself with, even if there wasn't much of a likelihood of it working. 

Apparently, Lucien's magical eye was failing him. No surprise there, since it must've been hundreds of years old. Or, maybe, it was just plain shit to begin with. Either was a strong possibility. 

Another reason Ana remained quiet was because she was listening for any hints as to what the two High Fae were keeping hidden from her and Feyre. She knew they were hiding somethingespecially after the conversation they'd had on the day of Feyre's arrivalbut she didn't know what and it irked her. Yeah, she was new and didn't know them all that well, but if it affected her and they didn't tell her, she was going to be extremely pissed. 

"Were you admiring my sword, or just contemplating killing me, Feyre?" Lucien's voice caused Ana to look up from her food, spotting said sword sheathed at his waist. The hilt was embedded with jewels and could have passed as decorative, if not for the length of the blade. Ana had seen Seraph blades just as long as that one, and they were definitely not decorative. 

"Of course not," Feyre said softly, her eyes glancing to Tamlin. 

Ana hummed with a soft smile. "I was."

Lucien perked a brow. "Was what?"

"I guess you'll never know." Ana shrugged and stuffed another piece of steak into her mouth. Not as good as her enchiladas, but still pretty tasty. 

A silence fell over the table, only to be broken by Tamlin moments later. "Feyre likes to hunt."

"I don't like to hunt." The look in Feyre's eyes was sharp, like daggers of ice. "I hunted out of necessity. And how did you know that?"