𝐱𝐯𝐢. amarantha's plaything !

𝐂 𝐎 𝐒 𝐌 𝐈 𝐂   𝐋 𝐎 𝐕 𝐄   !

𝙲 𝙷 𝙰 𝙿 𝚃 𝙴 𝚁   𝚂 𝙸 𝚇 𝚃 𝙴 𝙴 𝙽   !

( 𝔞𝔪𝔞𝔯𝔞𝔫𝔱𝔥𝔞'𝔰 𝔭𝔩𝔞𝔶𝔱𝔥𝔦𝔫𝔤 ! )

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ ⬩❖⬩ ⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

[ TW: BRIEF MENTIONS OF SA, ABUSE, PTSD, AND TORTURE! YOU WILL NOT ACTUALLY READ ANY SA CONTENT, BUT IT WILL BE STRONGLY HINTED AT! SO READ WITH CAUTION AND GO TO THE AUTHORS NOTE FOR A BRIEF OVERVIEW OF THE CHAPTER IF YOU ARE UNCOMFORTABLE WITH ANY OF THESE THINGS! STAY SAFE! ]

          "𝐀𝐍𝐀𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐒𝐈𝐀 . . ."

Ana sat up, gasping for air. Her lungs felt like they were wrapped in layers of wet cloth, constricting their movement and forcing her to take sharp, short breaths. She reached up to claw at her chest, only for a stabbing pain to shoot through her wrists as they came to a quick stop. 

Her wide eyes looked down to see what was stopping her, a choked sob escaping her lips. "No, no, no, no, no."

Her wrists were encased in rusted metal cuffs chained to a cement floor. Her fingertips were pale and numb, the skin of her wrists rubbed raw and bloody. The chains were only a few inches long, not allowing her much movement despite being made of rusted iron. 

"No, no, no! Please, not again." She looked at her feet to see similar cuffs wrapped around her scabbed ankles. The chains were just too short, not allowing her to bring her knees to her chest for comfort. "Please, no. Please, please, please."

This couldn't be happening. Not again, not after she escaped. Not after she made sure he was dead and buried under tons of smoldering cement blocks. Not after she watched a sharp pole go straight through his chest. He was dead, he was dead, he was dead.

Ana yanked on the chains, hoping that she was strong enough to pull them free from the ground. But it was like every time she tugged, she lost strength. The cuffs seemed to be sucking her of her energy, leaving her weak and powerless to free herself. 

She looked around her, trying to keep her panic from consuming her. She was in a cement room, the only light coming from a singular window located near the ceiling in front of her. Gray-toned sunlight filtered through the iron bars, casting blue shadows along the floors. The corners of the room were covered in ice and frost, a few rodents huddling together to keep warm. 

There was only one entrance to the rooma steel door bolted into the walls with no identifiable way to open it. There was no window in the door, meaning she wouldn't know if someone was on the other side until the door opened and revealed them.