𝐱𝐢. night in shining armor !

𝐂 𝐎 𝐒 𝐌 𝐈 𝐂   𝐋 𝐎 𝐕 𝐄   !

𝙲 𝙷 𝙰 𝙿 𝚃 𝙴 𝚁   𝙴 𝙻 𝙴 𝚅 𝙴 𝙽   !

𝔫𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱 𝔦𝔫 𝔰𝔥𝔦𝔫𝔦𝔫𝔤 𝔞𝔯𝔪𝔬𝔯 ! )

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ ⬩❖⬩ ⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

[ TW: BRIEF MENTION OF SA (mention. nothing truly happens, but it is implied that things have happened. read with caution. i don't wish anyone to be triggered by this chapter ! ]

          𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐀𝐍𝐆𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐎𝐅 𝐃𝐑𝐔𝐌𝐒 𝐄𝐂𝐇𝐎𝐄𝐃 𝐈𝐍 𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐃. Calanmai had begunor so she assumedand the celebration was really beginning to piss her off. Tamlin and Lucien had both ordered her and Feyre to remain in their rooms that night and not come out until the drums stopped sounding, but Ana was one more second away from going to that celebration and punching holes into the drums. 

And it wasn't like Ana hadn't already come up with the perfect plan to sneak out. She just had to wait for Tamlin and Lucien to leave so she could go to the fields and witness this so-called "faerie ritual."

Her plan was fool-proof (hopefully) and involved three simple steps: one, she would wait until all faeries were already at the ritual site and the house was empty; two, she would sneak into the stables, where Astrella was already waiting for her, and ride off toward the celebrations; and three, she would scan the edges of the celebrations, watch from the shadows, and decide if the way Tamlin was acting earlier in the week was overdramatic or not.

Fool-proof.

Ana's ear was pressed to her bedroom door, her runes activated so all of her senses were heightened. She could hear Feyre and Tamlin speaking in the foyer, though Tamlin seemed very . . . off. It was like he was under some sort of spell or something, leaving him quick and anxious to get to Calanmai and partake in what he called, the Great Rite. Whatever the fuck that was. 

When she finally heard him leave and Feyre's door shut, Ana slipped out of her room and began step one of her plan. She was already dressed head-to-toe in blacka black tunic, a black undershirt, and black pants with riding boots. She'd be able to blend into the shadows, especially if she kept her silencing rune activated. They may be faeries, but angelic magic seemed to be stronger than their senses at this point.

Ana was fast as she sprinted across the lands of the Spring Court, reaching the stables in no time. Astrella bobbed her head in greeting to Ana, the blonde giving her a sugar cube before mounting the steed. She knew how to ride bare-back after attempting it a few times. Actually, she preferred it to saddle-back.