𝐢. nightmares and daydreams !

𝐂 𝐎 𝐒 𝐌 𝐈 𝐂   𝐋 𝐎 𝐕 𝐄   !

𝙲 𝙷 𝙰 𝙿 𝚃 𝙴 𝚁   𝙾 𝙽 𝙴   !

( 𝔫𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔪𝔞𝔯𝔢𝔰 𝔞𝔫𝔡 𝔡𝔞𝔶𝔡𝔯𝔢𝔞𝔪𝔰 ! )

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ ⬩❖⬩ ⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

          𝐒𝐇𝐄 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐑𝐔𝐍𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆.

She didn't know where to, or where from, or where she was at the moment. All she knew was she was running, and she was running fast. Her feet pounded against the ground with each leaping step, her heart hammering in synch between her ribcage and her stinging lungs. Each inhale was like sucking in shards of glass, and each exhale felt like her last. But despite the burning in her muscles and the aching of her bones, she kept going. Kept running deep into the darkness.

Shadows passed by her, forming in blurs in her peripheral. Monsters and demons from her past, reaching out with mangled hands and talons dripping in blood. They grasped for her clothing, striking fast and hard but never fast enough. 

The road before her stretched on for miles upon miles, fading into the darkness once it reached the limit of her vision. Silvery fog tainted the skies, blurring her sight more than the sweat dripping into her eyes. She could hear someone chasing herfeel every pounding step they tookbut each time she looked back, she saw nothing. No person, no monster, nothing.

But still, she could hear it. Closer and closer those feet fell, approaching her faster than she could run. No matter how much effort she put into sprinting, the creature behind her was always faster. 

Soon, Ana felt its hot, rotten breath fanning across her back. She could feel its talons reaching for her, ripping through the fabric of her clothes. Its shadow enveloped her, arms stretching out and reaching for her. Grabbing, snatching, gripping. Until she finally felt those claws sink into her arms, halting her so suddenly, her feet flew from underneath her and she fell backward into the creature's arms. 

No sound left her lips as she was dragged backward. She kicked and clawed for a way out, but the creature held tight, dragging her back the way she came. She could feel the gravel scraping against her skin through her torn shirt. She could feel the claws digging deeper into her arms. And she could feel her airways beginning to close up due to panic. 

Her hands grasped for the creature's face or upper body, wanting to at least see what or who was hurting her. But when she finally made contact and looked up, she was met with nothing but blurred features and a grotesque, bloody smile.

"You can never run. For I will always find you, Anastasia."

The blonde shot up in her bed, gasping for air. Her body was covered in a thin layer of sweat, her tank top sticking to her stomach and breasts. Her hair was slick to her face, wild and untamed and hanging around her like a lion's mane. She was panting, hands gripping her chest as she tried to chase away the disturbing dream.