𝐱𝐢𝐢𝐢. the solstice !

𝐂 𝐎 𝐒 𝐌 𝐈 𝐂   𝐋 𝐎 𝐕 𝐄   !

𝙲 𝙷 𝙰 𝙿 𝚃 𝙴 𝚁   𝚃 𝙷 𝙸 𝚁 𝚃 𝙴 𝙴 𝙽   !

𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔰𝔬𝔩𝔰𝔱𝔦𝔠𝔢 ! )

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ ⬩❖⬩ ⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

          𝐀𝐍𝐀 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐆𝐑𝐄𝐄𝐓𝐄𝐃 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐍𝐄𝐗𝐓 𝐌𝐎𝐑𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐁𝐘 𝐀 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐄𝐃 𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐃.

No part of her was surprised by what she found while walking in the various gardens that morning. With how much she knew about Prythian's current state, it wasn't shocking to find the head of a High Fae male spiked atop one of the many fountain statues, its blood turning the water red. The irony of it all was that the head was stuck to a statue of a great heron, which sat in the center of Tamlin's mother's garden.

Ana had been walking in an attempt to clear her head when she'd stumbled upon it. Before everything had happened to her, she would have screamed and probably thrown up. Instead, she looked at the head with minimal interest, tilting her head in wonder. It was still screaming, no mask concealing his features meaning he wasn't of the Spring Court. And behind his ear, drawn in black ink, was an image of a mountain with three stars stars overtop the peak. A symbol she'd seen drawn on Rhys . . .

The blonde felt a twinge of sadness in her chest. Rhys, there's a severed head in the garden. The severed head of a Night Court High Fae.

There was silence on the other end for a moment, and Ana grew worried. Was he aware of this before she'd told him? Did he know the Fae that had been killed? She knew he cared for his peoplehis courtbut she didn't know who he cared for the most aside from the few he'd already mentioned. 

I know. There was pain in his voice. Pain that traveled through their bond and flooded her veins. I know, Ana darling.

Ana felt her heart stop. He sounded so . . . torn. Guilt-ridden and sad. What happened, Rhys? 

She felt him sigh. I paid a price by coming to the Spring Court during Calanmai. 

Horror struck her soul. She knew the costs of war, but to think . . . no. Amarantha couldn't possibly be that horrible. But then again . . .

Rhys, did she make you . . . ? She knew the answer. I'm so sorry. Did you know him well?

He was from the Court of Nightmares. But he still did not deserve a death like this one. Ana felt her eyes sting. Rhys was filled to the brim with sorrow. She knew this pained him more than anything. She could feel how much it hurt him to kill one of his own. I have a surprise for you.