𝐯𝐢. the suriel !

𝐂 𝐎 𝐒 𝐌 𝐈 𝐂   𝐋 𝐎 𝐕 𝐄   !

𝙲 𝙷 𝙰 𝙿 𝚃 𝙴 𝚁   𝚂 𝙸 𝚇   !

( 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔰𝔲𝔯𝔦𝔢𝔩 ! )

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ ⬩❖⬩ ⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

          𝐈𝐓 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐎𝐅𝐅𝐈𝐂𝐈𝐀𝐋𝐀𝐍𝐀 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐀 𝐃𝐔𝐌𝐁𝐀𝐒𝐒. She was going against Lucien's warnings and seeking out the Suriel. But could anyone blame her? She was in a new world with no idea of how she got there, and no clue on how to get back. Any genius would go searching for answers, especially one who had a history of trauma. Ana believed she was making the right decision. Others . . . not so much.

When Ana woke up that morning, she'd waited for Alis to greet her before starting her plan. While Alis prepared the bath for her, the blonde questioned her about the Suriels and how one would go about trapping one. When Alis eventually asked her why, Ana was honest. She told Alis how she wanted to trap a Suriel to get answers. Real, raw answers. Ones that weren't twisted with lies. 

With that being said, Alis had easily given up all the information Ana needed. To trap a Suriel, she needed a brand new cloak, a body of running water, and a grove of young birch trees. Ana would also want to trap the Suriel with a snare that could easily be broken in case she had to run like Hell to get away. 

Ana had then set off while the sun was still rising, wanting to get the information before anyone realized what she was up to. With the heat bearing down on her, Ana slipped into the welcoming shade of the forest, her kindjals strapped to her leg and her stele in hand along with the new cloak. She'd already activated her silencing and speed runes, hoping she wouldn't need to use her Iratze. Things were definitely shitty if she had to use the healing rune.

Swallowing thickly, Ana scoured the trees until she recognized the distinct markings of a birch. Lucky for her, there was a grove of young birch trees not too far from the manor or the nearest stream. Apparently, Suriel didn't like crossing running water, which would come in handy if Ana seriously pissed this one off. 

The blonde entered the grove and got to work setting her snare. She'd done this many times before, back when . . . The movements were ingrained in her mind, hands working of their own accord until the snare was set. Ana then mapped out all the possible routes to and from the stream, and back up routes if she couldn't reach the previous ones. Alec had always taught her to have a back up plan no matter what. Especially when dealing with the unknown.

When everything was ready, Ana scaled the nearest sturdy tree and perched herself on a branch. The cloak hung by the snare, placed perfectly for anyone looking for a new one. She slipped one of her kindhals from her boot and began fiddling with it absentmindedly as she waited.