𝐱𝐯. family trees !

𝐂 𝐎 𝐒 𝐌 𝐈 𝐂   𝐋 𝐎 𝐕 𝐄   !

𝙲 𝙷 𝙰 𝙿 𝚃 𝙴 𝚁   𝙵 𝙸 𝙵 𝚃 𝙴 𝙴 𝙽   !

( 𝔣𝔞𝔪𝔦𝔩𝔶 𝔱𝔯𝔢𝔢𝔰 ! )

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ ⬩❖⬩ ⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

          "𝐘𝐎𝐔'𝐑𝐄 𝐋𝐄𝐀𝐕𝐈𝐍𝐆?"

Ana stood in the doorway to Feyre's room, her arms crossed over her chest as she watched the girl and Alis pack clothing and personal items away. The blonde had originally wanted to laugh when she saw what Feyre was dressed in. It was the current fashion of the mortal lands, but it was ugly as Hell. 

She was stuffed into a frilly and confining dress that hid all her curves. The dress was made up of layers of pink silk, accented with white and blue lace. She was wearing a short, lightweight jacket of white linen, and atop her head was an angled and absurd little ivory hat. Ana was trying her best not to make fun of Feyre, but it was hard not to when she looked like a walking doily. 

Feyre tugged at her lace gloves as Alis left. "Yeah. After yesterday . . . Tamlin thinks it's best to send me back."

Ana nodded in understanding. Amarantha was coming as the days dwindled, and Ana would have preferred Feyre away from the wicked female. With a sad sigh, Ana approached Feyre and pulled the girl into a tight hug. "I'm going to miss you, Fey."

Feyre held tightly to Ana. "I'm going to miss you, too, Ana. You were more of a sister to me than my own."

The blonde had to force back tears. She'd cried too much in her life to cry now. "You were like a sister to me as well, Fey. Stay safe in the mortal world, and don't forget me among the rich and proper."

The girls laughed as they pulled out of the hug, Feyre wiping at her eyes. "I won't. I promise." She gave Ana a sad smile. "I hope you find your way home someday."

"Thank you."

After their somewhat sad goodbye, the two made their way downstairs. Lucien immediately snorted at the sight of Feyre. "Those clothes are enough to convince me I never want to enter the human realm."

"I'm not sure the human realm would know what to do with you," Feyre said.

"Or want you, for that matter." Ana gave Lucien a false smile.

Lucien's smile was edged, his shoulders tight as he gave a sharp look behind the girls to where Tamlin was waiting in front of a gilded carriage. When he turned back, that metal eye narrowed. "I thought you were smarter than this."

"Goodbye to you, too," Feyre said. 

Ana knew it wasn't her choice to leave. But she also knew this was safer for the mortal girl. At least Ana had her Shadowhunter skills and her strange golden powers to help her protect herself. But Feyre just had her skills as a huntress, and while that was enough against mortal animals, it wasn't enough against the Fae unless she had ash arrows and weapons.