𝐱𝐯𝐢𝐢. child of faerie and angel !

𝐂 𝐎 𝐒 𝐌 𝐈 𝐂   𝐋 𝐎 𝐕 𝐄   !

𝙲 𝙷 𝙰 𝙿 𝚃 𝙴 𝚁   𝚂 𝙴 𝚅 𝙴 𝙽 𝚃 𝙴 𝙴 𝙽   !

( 𝔠𝔥𝔦𝔩𝔡 𝔬𝔣 𝔣𝔞𝔢𝔯𝔦𝔢 𝔞𝔫𝔡 𝔞𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔩 ! )

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ ⬩❖⬩ ⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

          𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐘𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐇𝐔𝐑𝐓.

Her muscles ached, her bones felt like lead, and her veins seemed heavy with gelatinous blood. Her heart beat slowly and hesitantly, like it was worried moving too fast would cause pain. Each breath was short and slowjust enough to fill her lungs and nothing more. 

The ground beneath her was cold and uneven, like cobblestone. Water dripped off in the distance, slow and steady and soothing. The air was freezing against her skin, filled with the smell of decay and death. She could taste blood in her mouth, metallic and sickening. 

Slowly, she opened her eyes. At first, everything was blurry. Dark figures and shapes with no recognizable features. Then, with each blink, her vision grew clear. 

She was in what seemed to be a cellsmall enough to make her claustrophobia act up, but big enough to allow her some room to move. The floor was made of uneven rocks, along with the walls and ceiling. Rusted metal bars allowed her to see a room tinged with red, different devices scattered along the rocky floor. Each device looked worse than the last, and the sight of them made Ana's stomach plummet to the ground.

Where was she? 

She tried to think back on what had happened last, but all she saw were Dmitri's and Nadia's faces sneering back at her. Had it been a dream? A nightmare? Something her mind came up with for its own pleasure? The pain had felt so real, the words hitting her where it hurt, but here she was. No longer in that room filled with frost and rodents. Instead, she was in a jail cell in what seemed to be a torture chamber. Not better, but not worse. 

Ana felt the tears before they even had a chance to fall. Her eyes stung as she tried to force the images of Dmitri and Nadia from her mind. She wanted to remember them like how they used to be, but their new image was burned in her memory, reminding her of what she'd done. What promise she'd broken in order to secure her own freedom. 

"It's all my fault."

"My Lady?"

Ana jumped, spinning around so fast she nearly smacked into the wall she was leaning against. She squinted her teary eyes at the darkened corner across from her, heart nearly stopping as a shape formed. It was the figure of a woman, her body made of dark mist like a shadow.