- 05. 𝗠𝘆 𝗖𝗮𝘁 𝗗𝗶𝗱 𝗜𝘁 -

.
.
.

"You did what?!" Sunoo asked Sunghoon while at lunch. "I didn't know it was gonna rain," Sunghoon said trying to defend himself. "Fair point, but still. You didn't have to drag him into your shenanigans. Poor thing was probably having a panic attack," Sunoo said pouting. "I tried my best to comfort him! He seemed to calm down a bit when I held his hand," Sunghoon said.

"Who's hand did you hold?" Jay asked as he sat down with the two. "Hyung, we're having a serious conversation," Sunoo said giving him a threatening smile. Jay instantly shut up and let the two continue. "Maybe you should go talk to him," Sunoo said gesturing toward the table Jake was sitting at all alone. "What if he doesn't wanna talk to me?" Sunghoon said looking at the older eat his lunch while looking at the trees through the window.

"Stop talking nonsense and go!" Sunoo shouted at him. Sunghoon jumped a bit at his tone and quickly got up. Jay gave Sunoo a proud smile. "Good job, who knows how long he would've waited to go talk to him?" Jay said watching the younger head towards Jake's direction. "It's one of the things I'm best at," Sunoo said smirking in victory.

Sunghoon nervously walked up to Jake. "H-hi," He said startling the older. "Hi, why do you look like that?" Jake asked looking confused. "What do you mean? What do I look like?" Sunghoon asked looking around nervously. "You look like you accidentally stole someone's underwear because you thought they were yours and now you're going to give back the underwear to the original owner," Jake said after looking the younger up and down.

"Oh, well I don't have any underwear. Well- other than the ones I'm wearing. Which I'm pretty sure are mine. But who knows they might not be mine. Why don't I shut up?" Sunghoon ranted. "That'd be a good idea because right now it looks like you stole someone's underwear on accident," Jake said judging the younger hard.

"Well, I do have something of yours- NOT your underwear," Sunghoon said seeing Jake's lips curve into a smile. "Well, what is it?" Jake asked trying to hold in his laughter. Sunghoon took out the hair tie and gave it to him. Jake's eyes widened seeing the exact thing he needed last night. "Why did you have this?" Jake asked angrily. "Calm down, you left it in the classroom last night," Sunghoon said causing Jake to calm down.

"Thank you," Jake said quietly. He quickly slipped it back on his wrist but Sunghoon noticed. "What are those?" He asked pointing at his arm. "What is what?" Jake asked nervously. Sunghoon pulled up his sleeve and saw all the cuts and scratches on his wrist. His eyes widened, it looked like he had been attacked. "Hyung, are you okay? What happened? Did you do this? Do you want to talk about it?" Sunghoon started bombarding him with questions. 'Hyung?' Jake asked himself not knowing if what he heard what correct or not. Out of the six years he had known Sunghoon, he had never called him 'hyung'. He was deep in thought before he got interrupted by Sunghoon shaking him. "Hyung! Are you okay?" He asked. His worry was clear in his voice.

"I-it was... My cat did it!" Jake said a little too loud causing everyone in the room to look at the two. They gave everyone awkward smiles to which everyone else gave them awkward smiles. It was a mess. "Hi?" Jake said breaking the silence. Everyone woke up from their trance after he spoke and went back to what they were doing. "Wait, your cat did all of this?" Sunghoon asked tracing the wounds on the male's body. Some of them you could feel and were dry. The one Jake made the night of the thunderstorm was stripped of the bandaid and was now dried up. The blood was now a dark crimson red.

Jake nodded in response to Sunghoon's question. "Wow, that's one cat you got," Sunghoon said as his eyes landed on the new one. "This one looks fresh, did it just do it?" He asked. "Yeah," Jake said quietly. "I think you should start disciplining that thing before things get out of hand," Sunghoon suggested. "Yeah, probably should," Jake sighed. "Look, I'm sorry about Saturday," Sunghoon apologized as he sat down. "It's okay, I'm fine now," Jake said as he stared down at his food. "Maybe wanna get something to eat after school?" Sunghoon asked shyly. Jake looked up at him like he was crazy.

"Not after what you did last time you asked me that," Jake said. "I didn't mean to and you know that," Sunghoon pouted. "Pleaseeeee?" Sunghoon begged with the biggest and cutest puppy eyes Jake had ever seen. "Fine, but you better not spill grape juice on my fucking favorite shirt again," Jake agreed. "I promise you I won't," Sunghoon said smiling widely.

Back at Sunghoon, Sunoo, and Jay's table, the two were celebrating. "I knew he could do it," Sunoo said with the proudest smile. He then raises his hand out for a high-five and Jay gladly gave him one. "It's so beautiful. He's finally securing his mans," Jay said pretending to cry. Sunoo laughed at the older before hitting his shoulder. "Get your act together, okay? I know it's beautiful but you need to save those tears for when they get married," He said before putting his focus back on the duo.

Jake and Sunghoon spent the rest of their lunch period laughing and talking with each other. Jake was saddened when he heard the bell ring. "See you next period!" Sunghoon said before getting up and walking over to his friends. Jake smiled to himself before heading towards his locker.

"Hyung, I need your help. It's very important, like very," Jake said to Soobin as he was making a delivery order. "What's going on? Is someone bothering you?" Soobin asked looking up from what he was doing and looking at Jake with a very concerned expression. "No... it's a date," Jake said whispering the last part. "Ooo, who's the lucky guy?" Soobin asked with a smirk. Jake hit Soobin playfully while blushing. "It's not technically a date but I still want to look presentable," Jake explained. "Okay, I got you. As soon as my shift is over I'll help," Soobin said with a smile. "Thanks," Jake said with a cute smile before plopping himself down in his regular seat.

...

It wasn't long before Soobin's shift was over and he quickly went over to where Jake was sitting. He was sleeping peacefully, his head resting on his arm. Soobin shook him lightly before Jake's eyes slightly opened. "W-what day is it?" Jake asked in a sleepy tone. "It's December sixty-sixth, five thousand fifty-three," Soobin joked with a small chuckle. "I can't tell if you're lying or joking," Jake said stretching. "I guess we'll never know," Soobin said before pulling Jake out of the chair and dragging him into the back.

"You don't wanna be late for your date," Soobin said grinning as he pushed Jake up the stairs. "It's not a date!" Jake said his face turning hot and red. "Tell that to the judge," Soobin joked as he opened the door. "Sit down. I'll get you a cute outfit. Any preferences?" Soobin said as he shoved Jake onto the couch. "Long sleeves!" Jake's shouted. "Geez, why so loud?" Soobin asked. "Sorry," Jake said looking down embarrassed. "It's fine. I'll have an outfit whipped up in no time," Soobin said before heading to his bedroom.

Soobin came back a few minutes later and threw the clothes on Jake startling him. "Why'd you have to do that?!" Jake asked. "Why not? Now put them on," Soobin demanded playfully. "Am I gonna be walking around all day in just my underwear or..." Jake asked looking at the items that were on top of him. "You know none of my pants would've fit you," Soobin said. "Oh, yeah... I'll get changed now," Jake said getting up and going to the bathroom.

When he came back out Soobin started cooing at the younger. "You look so cute!" He practically squealed. Jake was wearing a white hoodie with a pastel pink, yellow, and blue varsity jacket with white sleeves and the letter 'S' stitched into it. He was also wearing the ripped baggy jeans that he wore earlier. The things Soobin gave him were a little too big making the boy look smaller than he was. It was a very beautiful sight indeed.

"C'mon, let's go downstairs. Loverboy should be here soon," Soobin said grabbing Jake's arm and pulling him down the stairs.
.
.
.

1467 words