- 32. 𝗚𝘂𝗻𝘀𝗵𝗼𝘁𝘀 𝗪𝗵𝗲𝗻 𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗕𝗮𝗹𝗹𝗼𝗼𝗻 𝗣𝗼𝗽𝘀 -

.
.
.

Hyunjin stood in front of a mic on stage. The stage was decorated to look like a winter wonderland. Hyunjin wore a beautiful all-white outfit that shimmered under the stage lights.

"Hello, students of Hypen High. I'd like to thank you all for joining us tonight at our school's 10th Annual Jingle Bells Ball! I have gathered you all here because soon we will start the voting for who will be our ice king and queen," The boy started, getting everyone except the friend group excited. "Who knows, maybe it'll be ice queen and queen. Or even better, ice king and king," He continued, looking Jake in the eyes during the last sentence.

Jake gulped nervously. He just knew Hyunjin was up to something. Sunghoon noticed this and held Jake's hand, squeezing it reassuringly. This rid the boy of some of his nerves which he was grateful for.

"I and a few members of the student council will now come down to get your answers. Make sure to not let anyone see! Results will be revealed in an hour, " Hyunjin explained with a smile before stepping off the stage and getting a box and some paper off the stairs of the stage.

He along with some other students went up the rows handing other students paper and a pen before collecting the items. Hyunjin was going down his rows quite quickly after whispering something to the others. He soon got to the row the seven friends sat in and smirked. "Take one and pass the rest down," He told Sunghoon as he gave him a few pieces of paper and a handful of pens. Sunghoon rolled his eyes internally as he did what the older said.

"Don't you think me and Jaeyun would look perfect up there?" Hyunjin asked Sunghoon as he continued to smirk. "Do you want another broken nose?" Sunghoon barked. "Do you want to be separated from Jake forever?" Hyunjin threatened as he smiled passively. "Like you could do anything," Sunghoon scoffed. "Why don't we ask him what I could do?" Hyunjin suggested before focusing his attention on Jake. "What did your father say when he saw you getting escorted out of the cafeteria by your prince charming? What would he do if he found out you're dating him?" Hyunjin questioned.

Jake's heart started beating rapidly. Hyunjin knew about what his father does to him. "W-what do you mean?" Jake asked worriedly. "Would you like me to announce it to the whole school?" Hyunjin asked with a smug grin on his face. Jake's eyes started to water as he bounced his leg up and down. Hyunjin laughed out loud before leaning down closer to Sunghoon's ear. "He's not all who he says he is," He whispered.

That was Sunghoon's last straw. He stood up resulting in Jake standing up too and pushed Hyunjin away as they walked out of the room. "You're gonna be my princess tonight, Jaeyun-ah! Everyone thinks we're an amazing couple!" Hyunjin shouted behind them. Sunghoon ignored him while Jake tried to keep himself together.

The two soon reached the cafeteria and sat down where they were earlier. As soon they did Jake burst out into tears and hugged the younger. Sunghoon was taken aback but hugged him right away. He felt his phone vibrate in his pocket and took it out. He read the message he got before speaking. "Sunoo and Jungwon just left. We could leave too," Sunghoon informed the older. Jake shook his head and let go of the other. He then wiped away his tears. "I'm not leaving. This night could still be salvaged," He said optimistically.

"Are you sure?" Sunghoon asked. "Yep," Jake sniffled. "Want to go play some more games? I saw this really cute polar bear plushie earlier," Sunghoon suggested causing Jake to smile and nod cutely. Sunghoon smiled at this and wiped the tears that Jake missed off of his face. "You're the most beautiful person in the world," He complimented the older softly. Jake blushed as he covered his face out of embarrassment. "Why are you always flirting with me?" He managed to ask. "I meant every word. Now, let's go!" He said before taking Jake's hand and leading them to the auditorium hall.