- 19. 𝗕𝗶𝗿𝘁𝗵𝗱𝗮𝘆 𝗖𝗮𝗿𝗱 -

.
.
.

Jake sat down at the lunch table reluctantly, dreading what would happen. As soon as Hyunjin saw him his signature smirk crept onto his face. "Hello, gorgeous," Hyunjin greeted the younger who gave him a shy smile. "No need to be shy, honey. Because from now on you're my boyfriend," Hyunjin said resulting in Jake looking at him like he was crazy. "Just know what I can do to you if you say no," Hyunjin said with a threatening smile.

Jake gulped out of fear as Hyunjin calmed down. "I also forbid you from talking to Sunghoon. He's a bad influence. I heard you hated him back in the day. Just act as if nothing changed," Hyunjin added. "Y-you can't do that," Jake said not wanting to give up being able to talk to the younger.

"I'm doing it right now. I dare you to go behind my back and speak to him and his little minions over there," Hyunjin threatened the boy. Jake just nodded, too scared of what the older would do if he said no.

Jake and Hyunjin talked the whole period- well, Hyunjin talked. Jake stayed quiet for the most part, only giving the older short answers. It annoyed Hyunjin but he'd confront the younger later. Right now all he cared about was making sure Sunghoon stayed away from Jake.

As bad as Jake wanted to get away from Hyunjin and go back to his friends, he knew that'd be impossible. He knew Hyunjin would be clung onto him for the rest of the day, even week. He also knew Hyunjin had eyes around the school. Since everyone was head over heels for him he knew all the taller had to do was ask and he'd be in trouble.

He was scared at the fact that he didn't know what would happen if he went behind his back. Could he possibly hurt him and his friends? It sucked seeing the people at the table he normally sat at looking at him every once in a while. He noticed someone looking at him consistently though, Sunghoon. He and the latter had just gotten even closer than before and now he had to stay away from him. He wished so badly Hyunjin would go back to his old school and leave them alone. Why'd he even choose Jake in the first place? What had he done to deserve this? As soon as his life started to take a turn for good, Hyunjin had to come here and ruin it.

Jake was in the only class he had with Sunghoon and as he tried to focus on the lesson he kept getting disturbed. Sunghoon kept calling out to him and tapping his shoulder trying to get his attention. But Jake remembered what Hyunjin said and ignored him. He also ignored the other students who tried to talk to him and the notes that landed on his desk.

...

The school bell rang signaling the end of the day and Jake packed up his things quickly, not wanting to have to interact with the younger. He hurriedly put his backpack on his back and rushed out of the classroom right before Sunghoon could get to him, and headed towards Choi's Chai, cursing at himself for leaving Sunghoon back there with his now... boyfriend?

As he neared his destination he felt his phone vibrate. He took his phone out of his pants pocket and saw Sunghoon had texted him. He didn't even read the messages, putting his phone on silent. It hurt but he knew he had to do it.

To keep everyone safe.

...

He entered his best friend's café and sighed as he sat down. Soobin noticed his friend's bad mood instantly and went up to him after placing an order at the customer's table.