- 08. 𝗧𝘂𝘁𝗼𝗿 -

.
.
.

It was now Friday so you know what that means... "Tutor! Mr. Tutor! Why are you running away from me?!" Sunghoon shouted as he chased Jake down the hallway. "Get away!" Jake yelled as he ran into an empty classroom, Sunghoon following after him.

"You're embarrassing me. Stop it," Jake sulked as he sat down at one of the desks. "Aww, is Baby Jakey embarrassed?" Sunghoon pouted as he sat in the seat behind him. "Shut up!" Jake blushed at the nickname.

"Aww, does Baby Jakey like the nickname I gave him?" Sunghoon asked with a small smirk on his face. "Sunghoon! If you want to actually learn something for once then shut up!" Jake said still blushing. "Fine," Sunghoon sighed as he got up.

"Let's go, you big tomato," Sunghoon laughed as he held out his hand for the older to take. Jake bitterly rolled his eyes and took the younger's hand, his face still hot and a tint of red.

It was the end of the day and the two's first tutoring session together. Sunghoon was obviously excited and showed that by calling Jake 'Mr. Tutor' all day causing students to look at him like he was crazy. Jake on the other hand was not as excited. Well, he didn't show it. As much as he hated to say it he did enjoy spending time with the younger outside of their little business interactions. It had been a long time since the two had last hung out genuinely.

...

The duo made it to Choi's Chai not too long after. However, when they arrived the line was extremely long. "Go sit down at that table over there. I'll get our drinks," Jake told the younger pointing to the table he always sat at. "No, you go sit down. I've got this," Sunghoon said. "No, I'm going to order," Jake says in a stern tone. "No, me. Go sit your pretty little tail down," Sunghoon said unbothered by how the older was speaking to him.

Jake blushed at Sunghoon calling him 'pretty' but tried to hide it. "You like it when I call you pretty, huh?" Sunghoon said with a smirk. "N-no," Jake said facing away from the other. "You're so pretty Jaeyun-ah. You're the prettiest person I've ever seen. Sim Jaeyun is the prettiest person in the world," Sunghoon teased watching the older's face turn redder and redder.

"H-how about we go up there together," Jake suggested causing the younger to stop teasing him. "That's fine by me," Sunghoon agreed as he and Jake entered the line. "Y'know we could've been at the front of the line by now," Jake said as they waited. It seemed as if the two had a good five minutes left until their turn to order. "That is true but I'm perfectly fine as long as I'm with you," Sunghoon said causing Jake's face to heat up again.

"Why do you keep flirting with me?" Jake asked sulking. "Because I like the way you react," Sunghoon said with a teasing smile. "Stop touching me," Jake said as he slapped the younger's hand away from his. "Why?" Sunghoon asked. "Because it's weird," Jake answered.

"But I don't feel comfortable not holding it. What if someone takes you? Only lord knows what crazy shit they'd do to you," Sunghoon said. Jake could tell that Sunghoon was being genuine by the way he talked and looked into his eyes. "Fine, but only because I'm not trying to get kidnapped," Jake sighed. Sunghoon smiled cutely before taking the older's hand in his.

Jake had never realized how soft the younger's hands were due to the fact that the previous times they held each other's hands Jake was crying violently. It felt like he was holding the hands of a newborn that's how soft they were. He never wanted the younger to let go.

"Can I get the regular and an iced americano?" Jake asked one of Soobin's coworkers, Chaeryeong. "Yep, and it's on the house," Chaeryeong said with a sweet smile. "You don't have to," Jake refused. "No, no. I'll pay for it," She insisted. "I can't let you do tha-" Jake started before getting cut off. "Sunghoon-ah, can you please tell your man I already paid for the drinks?" She asked the taller of the three. "Well, you heard her. Let's go wait, shall we?" Sunghoon said. "Wait how do you know his name?" Jake asked confused as to what was going on.

"Let's go, sweetie," Sunghoon said pulling Jake away from the counter. Chaeryeong only smiled at the younger before taking the next person's order. "How did she know your name?" Jake asked as soon as they sat down. "Who? Chaeryeong noona?" Sunghoon asked. "How do you know her name?!" Jake exclaimed.

"She's my cousin. How did you not know that?" Sunghoon asked in disbelief. "What do you mean? How would I know you guys are related?" Jake asked just as shocked. "First of all, I've told you that before. Second of all, with the amount of time you're here, I thought she would've told you as well. And third of all, we're not related. She's my step-cousin. I hate her dad," Sunghoon said folding his arms and leaning back in his seat.

"You've told me that before?" Jake asked. "We're cousins, that's all you need to know," Sunghoon said right before Soobin placed their drinks in front of them. "Enjoy, bitches," He said before walking off giving neither of the boys time to respond. "Did he just call me a bitch?" Jake asked after blinking seven times in a row. "Let's just get this over with," Sunghoon said as he took a notebook out of his backpack.

The two had been studying and working together for around an hour. They were giggling and laughing most of the time though. If you didn't know them you'd think they were really good friends or maybe even more than that.

"Excuse me," The duo heard some say to them. They looked up and saw a woman that appeared to be in her sixties. "You two are a very cute couple," She said smiling at the two sweetly. "Thank you, but we're not dating," Jake said shyly. "Well, you two would make an amazing couple. I saw you guys laughing with each other and it reminded me of when I was young. This type of love is the best love," She said before leaving.

What did she mean by love? Jake was definitely not in love. He didn't like the younger male at all. But why was he blushing?
.
.
.

a/n note!!: a chapter on the shorter side because i didn't have much motivation to write this chapter and i got slight writer's block. hopefully the next chapter will be better. drama is gonna start happening soon and jake's father is gonna return from his little trip from the casino soon. ☕️
new chapter coming soon!!
- May 🌷

̤̥

1165 words