- 11. 𝗪𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲 𝗬𝗼𝘂 𝗪𝗲𝗿𝗲 -

.
.
.

Jake was more than surprised when he saw the man. He was at a loss for words. Where was he this whole time?

...

It was Monday, the same Monday Jake and Sunghoon had their little date. Jake's father, Sim Daehyun sat on the couch waiting for his son to arrive home. He waited and waited, and waited some more, but his son never came home. Any normal parent would be worried but not this one. He was actually relieved. Though, he was a bit upset about not being able to torment the boy.

He packed up a bag and left the house. He got in his car and started driving even though he was obviously under the influence. Since it was late at night, 1:03 am to be specific, there were barely any people on the road.

The man parked in front of a building that had a sign reading, 'Cardinal Casino' in big bright red text. He got out and walked into the building.

When he got in he went straight to the slots. He had brought $1,250 and wasn't scared to spend it. He ended up gambling it all away within two nights.

And he earned nothing.

But he didn't care. He didn't need the money anyway. He thought of the casino as an arcade. He didn't even pay the bills, why would he care if he lost the money or not? He had no idea on how the bills were paid but he didn't care. He wouldn't be too happy if he found out how they were being paid though.

...

He woke up, his head throbbing with pain. He cursed under his breath before getting up and changing clothes. This was his third and last day at the casino. There was no reason to stay if he had gotten rid of all of his money.

He walked out of the room holding onto his head. He then left the building and got in his car. He drove to a corner store and entered.

"Hello, welcome," The woman at the counter said with a sweet smile. Daehyun didn't acknowledge her and continued to walk. It seemed as if the two were the only ones there.

He walked to the drinks and shoved two beers into his jacket. The woman at the counter saw this and began to start watching him, her hand hovering over her phone in case she had to call the police. It didn't help that the man already looked sketchy, to begin with.

The father walked to the chips aisle and grabbed a few not caring to hide them. The small woman had no chance against him.

He then headed to the door when she called out for him. "Excuse me, sir! You have to pay for those," She said causing him to stop in his steps. "Or else?" He asked with a slick smile.

"I'll call the police," The woman said. He ignored her and continued walking to the door. The woman picked up her phone to call the police before getting punched hard in the wrist. "Aah!" She squeaked in pain. Her wrist was without a doubt broken.

"You won't call the police," Mr. Sim said in a viciously harsh tone. "I-I'm sorry sir. I won't call them I promise," She said, his fist still crushing her bones. "I don't trust you," He said moving his fist left and right causing her to wail.

"Shut the fuck up!" He said raising his voice. "P-please, I won't tell," She begged. The man removed his hand and stepped back. "Th-thank you, sir, I won't tell a soul," She said with a relieved smile that was also filled with fear and pain. "Yeah, because you're about to be one," Daehyun said before grabbing her by the hair over the counter.