- 34. 𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗟𝗮𝘀𝘁 𝗧𝗶𝗺𝗲 𝗬𝗼𝘂 𝗙𝗲𝗲𝗹 𝗧𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗣𝗮𝗶𝗻 -

.
.
.

It had been a week since Jake and Sunghoon started dating. All of their friends found out the same day they got together due to Sunghoon not being able to shut his mouth. Sunghoon and Sunoo were both really excited that their plan actually somehow worked and they both ended up twinning. The younger's parents also found out about the relationship a day after they got together and were more than accepting of the two. Both of Sunghoon's parents took Jake in under their wing at treated him amazingly, something Jake never thought would happen.

The trio became close instantly and often teased Sunghoon together. Jake also told them what happened with his family. The parents were shocked and mortified at the news but they didn't press Jake too much about the topic. It seemed as if they'd all been a family for a long time.

Everyone had discussed Jake moving In permanently. They all agreed and today is the day that Jake would get all of his belongings from his old house and leave for good.

"You okay?" Sunghoon asked as he plopped down on the bed beside Jake. "Scared," Is all Jake managed to say as his leg bounced. "Baby, it's okay. I promise you you'll be fine," Sunghoon reassured him as he took ahold of one of his hands. "Yeah, I know, but I've been so happy recently. I don't want that to change," Jake told the younger.

Sunghoon left a quick peck on his boyfriend's forehead before taking something out from the bedside table. "I got you something," He informed the older as he handed him the tan box. "Can I open it?" Jake asked. Sunghoon nodded resulting in Jake opening the package and taking out a gold necklace with a circle pendant hanging from it.

Jake looked up at the other with curious eyes. "Try it on," Sunghoon told him with a smile. Jake did so and smiled as well. "Thank you!" Jake thanked him with a big hug. "You're welcome, Princess," Sunghoon started. "But that's not all..." He added.

"C'mon, Jakey! The quicker you get this done the quicker you get to come back home and cuddle with me," Sunghoon tried persuading the shorter who was hiding under the bedsheets. That scenario made Jake get up in a hurry and run downstairs. Sunghoon chuckled at his enthusiasm and followed him to the front door. "We'll be back soon!" Sunghoon let his parents know before leaving the house behind Jake.

As Sunghoon drove the whole reality of what he was about to do sunk into him. He was admittedly scared. He found out the hard way what would happen if he wasn't home for one day. If beating him till he couldn't stand was what he did, how would he react to him being gone for seven whole days?

Sunghoon saw how nervous Jake was but couldn't do anything but reassure him that everything would be okay. He knew deep down inside that that was not 100% true and there was a huge chance that Jake would get hit again or even worse. That thought made Sunghoon want to cry but he knew it'd be the last time Jake ever felt that type of pain because he vouched to himself that he'd treat Jake like the princess he always called him.

...

After riding for a bit the two arrived at Jake's neighborhood. Sunghoon parked a few houses down from Jake's and gave him a reassuring look. "Go get your stuff and leave as soon as possible. I'll be here the whole time. If he does anything you know what to do, right?" Sunghoon said to Jake. The older nodded to answer his question.

"I love you," Sunghoon told him. "I love you too," Jake replied with a small smile. Sunghoon puckered his lips and for a kiss. Jake let out a singular chuckle before connecting their lips. They shared a sweet chaste kiss before Jake disconnected their lips and left out of the vehicle. Sunghoon sighed as he watched the love of his life walk away. "Happy thoughts, Sunghoon. Happy thoughts," He tried to calm himself down.