- 23. 𝗕𝗿𝘂𝗶𝘀𝗲𝘀 -

.
.
.

Jake woke up in his room at his regular time. He got up and did his daily routine. He got all of his things and left out of his room. Sadly for him though, his father was waiting on him while he sat on the couch.

"Where were you?" He questioned his son who was now confused. "W-what do you mean?" Jake asked as he gulped nervously. "Last night? I saw you when you came home. You looked too happy. Where were you?" He elaborated asking the same question.

"I was at a friend's house," The young boy answered truthfully. Daehyun rolled his eyes. "Why are you lying? You don't have friends," The man laughed to his son's face. "I promise. Why would I lie about that?" Jake stated. This comment seemed to have angered the man because after hearing it he slapped the boy on the cheek harshly.

"Don't you dare talk back to me you fucking disgrace! Nobody likes you let alone loves you! You'd have to be out of your mind to think so!" The man shouted.

Jake felt the tears swell up in his eyes as his father continued to scream at him. "You're lucky you have to go to school. I can't have anyone asking questions. And if they do don't you dare answer them or you'll end up like your deadbeat mother," The man threatened Jake with gritted teeth.

"Now get out of my house!" He yelled. Jake wasted no time before leaving through the front door. He walked the streets as tears poured out of his eyes. He had done so well over the past week but his streak was lost when he moved his right hand over to his left wrist and...

Pop!
Pop!
Pop!

He kept popping himself over and over again but it didn't work. Nothing relieved the pain he felt. He then resorted to scratching himself. He didn't stop until he felt a warm liquid start running out of his arm. He cursed at himself as he took his backpack off to look for something to stop the bleeding.

He found some tissues in the bottom of the bag and held them onto his open wound as he continued to walk down the street. He had calmed his crying by the time he reached the café which was a good thing.

He reached the front door and saw Soobin standing in it. The dimpled male opened the door for Jake and let him in. Soobin isn't stupid nor blind so he saw Jake and his tear-stained face along with the bloody tissue he held against his arm.

"Are you okay?" He asked. Jake nodded reassuringly but Soobin didn't buy it. "What happened?" He asked, taking the tissues off of Jake's wound. He saw all the scars and how some of them had healed while others were back to how they started because of Jake scratching them.

"I-I fell," Jake lied as Soobin inspected his arm. Soobin had no other choice but to believe him. "Let me go get you something to cover these up," The taller sighed before heading to the back.

Jake entered the school building with his head hanging low. His day was already to a bad start when he heard him. "Oh, boyfriend~," Hyunjin called out to Jake. The said boy ignored him though and continued to his locker.

Hyunjin was confused and angered at Jake's reaction. Did he not get the hint? Hyunjin quickly caught up to Jake and held him by the waist. "Hello, gorgeous," He said, giving Jake a peck on the head. He hated the feeling. He already felt disgusting and Hyunjin kissing him didn't make him feel any better. Him remembering kissing the boy beside him made him feel even worse. He felt filthy on the inside and out.

That's when Jake knew it was time to end this.

"I can't do this anymore," Jake confessed, shocking Hyunjin. "I know you don't love me and I don't love you. I'm not gonna be a little toy you play with whenever you want. I don't care anymore. Hit me, I don't care. Just please don't hurt the others," Jake continued. Hyunjin plastered his classic smirk on his face. "You can't be serious," He laughed.

All Jake did was stare back at him. Hyunjin soon realized he wasn't joking. "I'm gonna let you take all that back so nothing bad happens, okay," Hyunjin said with a sarcastic smile.

"I meant it, Hwang," Jake replied with a straight face. Before Jake knew what was coming he felt a sharp sting on the same cheek from earlier. He winced at the pain but didn't back away. Students started to surround the two as Hyunjin went on. "Listen here you little brat. You will fucking love me or I will make your life a living hell," He threatened the boy as he shoved him against the locker. "It already is one," Jake smirked. At this point he was descending into madness.

Hyunjin brought his balled fist up to punch the boy but instead got punched himself. He fell to the floor. "You fucking bitch! This is all your fault!" He yelled as he saw who the fist belonged to. He then got up and headed towards the boy but missed. "I fucking hate you, Park!" He shouted before lunging at the male. Sunghoon moved out of the way again but Hyunjin managed to grab him by the ankles down to the ground with him.

As Sunghoon fought the boy off of him Jake heard his name being called he looked up and saw Sunoo and the rest of their friend group. He walked away from the two as Sunghoon punched Hyunjin in the nose continuously. There was blood scattered all around the floor and on Sunghoon's hands but he didn't care.

When Jake reached his friends they all started asking him questions. Sunoo noticed the bruises on his face and took him to the nurse's office immediately.

Jake was sitting on one of the beds while Sunoo sat to the right of him on a chair when he started crying. "What's wrong?" Sunoo asked getting up to sit next to the boy on the bed. "This is all my fault. It's my fault those two are out there fighting. I mean, what if Sunghoon gets hurt? It'd all be my fault," He mumbled as tears continued to fall from his eyes.

Sunoo hugged him. "It's okay, Hyung. None of this is your fault. It's all that bitch Hyunjin's fault. And to think I actually liked him," Sunoo comforted him. Jake laughed at the last part because of Sunoo's expression. "Sunghoon hyung will be perfectly fine. You saw the way he was beating him," Sunoo chuckled. Jake smiled, feeling reassured.

"He really cares for you, Hyung," Sunoo softly said as he took Jake's hand in his. "You're lucky to have him and he's lucky to have you. I've seen the way you look at him. It's the same way I look at Jungwon. I know you love him and I think you should tell him. Don't be stupid like me. I've been hurting inside for many years now because I've never confessed. It's better to do it now than later," Sunoo continued. The room got quiet after that.

Jake put his head on the younger's shoulder. He didn't know what to say or to do. Everything was too much for him at the moment. He soon fell fast asleep, already tired before the day even started.
.
.
.

1264 words