- 24. 𝗝𝗲𝗿𝗸 -

.
.
.

Jake woke up and saw someone in a bed across from him. It was Sunghoon. "Hoon! Are you okay?" He exclaimed as he got up to see the boy. Sunghoon who had been dozing off heard the boy and sat up. "I'm fine, Jake," He assured him but his voice sounded off. As if it was gone. "No, you're not. What happened to your voice?" Jake asked, checking every inch of the younger's face. "I'm okay. But he did get me good in the throat. I'll be fine though. The nurse told me," Sunghoon explained.

"I should be asking you if you're okay," Sunghoon told the older. "No, I'm the reason all this happened," Jake guiltily replied as he looked at the ground. "Hyung, look at me," Sunghoon commanded the older. Jake looked up at him with tears accumulating in his eyes.

Sunghoon caressed Jake's right cheek causing him to wince at the pain. The taller instantly removed his hand and apologized. He looked at his cheek and saw that there was a big spot on his face that was darker than the rest.

"W-what happened?" He asked as his eyes widened. Jake was going to answer before he remembered what his father told him. He shook his head causing Sunghoon to pull him closer by the arm. Then he felt it... the bandage Soobin used to wrap up Jake's arm and wrist. In the back of Sunghoon's head, something told him what he was about to do wasn't right but he couldn't stop himself.

He lifted up Jake's sleeve and saw the blood that was soaked into the cloth. Jake literally wanted to die at that moment. What would he lie and tell him? There was no way Sunghoon would believe the lie he told Soobin earlier.

"Do not lie to me. What the hell happened?" Sunghoon questioned. You could tell he was angry by his voice. It was calm but scary at the same time.

Jake was overwhelmed. Too much had happened today and it wasn't even ten hours into the morning. The tears threatening to fall started to pour out of Jake's eyes.

It took Sunghoon a second to realize what was going on and when he did he didn't waste a second before pulling the older into a hug. Jake hugged back and sobbed into the younger's shoulder.

Sunghoon detached Jake from him and patted the bed. Jake understood what he wanted and entered the bed with him. He snuggled up to the younger and got comfortable quickly. His head was rested on his chest along with his left hand. The younger realized Jake was moving his hand a lot and found it weird. He remembered what happened the last time so he took Jake's hand in his. Jake seemed to have calmed down a bit after that action which relieved Sunghoon.

Sunghoon freaked out internally but decided to try and calm down to not disturb the other. Eventually Jake dozed off to the sounds of Sunghoon's heartbeat. Sunghoon looked down at Jake and cooed at the sight. He thought Jake was the sweetest, most amazing, and adorable thing to ever exist. His face saddened knowing the older didn't like him back. But it'd be okay as long as there were together.

Hyunjin hissed in pain as he sat up from the bed he was in. He looked around the room and it looked like a... hospital? What the hell was he doing here? He then remembered everything that happened that morning. "That fucking bitch. One day I'll kill that damn Park Sunghoon," He muttered under his breath right before someone entered the room.

"What the hell are you doing here, Yeji?" He asked his twin as she walked over to him. "Mom and Dad think you're a horrible person and son," She said nonchalantly as she sat down on the chair next to him. "Tell me something new," He rolled his eyes.

"You need to leave Jake alone," She spoke causing her brother to laugh but he stopped soon after due to pain in his whole body but mostly his face. "He broke your nose," Yeji informed her brother. Hyunjin was about to insult Sunghoon but Yeji spoke before him.

"Looks like you've met your match. He really did rock your shit. It was funny seeing you struggle on the floor while he kept punching you," Yeji laughed. "Shut the hell up or I'll beat your ass," Hyunjin threatened the girl with a glare.

"Yeah right. I'll just have Sunghoon beat you up for me," She teased him. "Please don't tell me you're on his side," Hyunjin sighed. Yeji shrugged her shoulders. "He's a better human than you could ever be," She said matter of factly. "I hate you," He stated with gritted teeth. "And I don't have a broken nose," She sassed with a hair flip.

"But seriously, leave them alone. You can't keep doing this. Why do you like ruining people's lives? It's not cute and I feel ashamed being known as 'Hyunjin's twin sister'. Mom and Dad have already talked about disowning you. You can't keep this up," She said avoiding eye contact with the injured boy.

"I don't know..." Hyunjin contemplated, not knowing what to say or do. "Hyunjin, I know it may seem like I hate you but I don't. I am your twin sister after all. I love you and don't want to lose you for stupid reasons," She stated as a tear ran down her cheek.

"I'll stop after Jake. I promise, Ji," He told her. His voice was softer than before. It seemed like he genuinely cared what his sister thought. "I want you to stop now. Those two love each other and you can't come in the way of that! Man up and find yourself someone who actually cares for you! Stop being a bitch toward innocent people! Sometimes I just wanna slap you so hard that you'd fly across the room!" And with that, she left.

Hyunjin felt a wet liquid on his face. Was he crying?! He didn't realize how much his actions actually hurt her. Even though he had a tough and mean exterior it didn't mean he didn't have a heart. What his heart loved most was his little sister. She was the only one who was there for him when he was down. She was the only person who had ever made him truly smile. He felt bad for all the things he had done now knowing it affected her badly. How long had she felt this way?

He felt like a horrible person and an even bigger jerk.
.
.
.

1111 words