- 17. 𝗡𝗼 𝗟𝗼𝗻𝗴𝗲𝗿 -

.
.
.

When Sunghoon woke up he looked at his phone's lock screen hoping to see that Jake responded to his messages but there was nothing. He was indeed living one of his worst nightmares.

He sluggishly got out of bed and got ready for the day. He went down to the kitchen for breakfast but didn't eat much of it. He didn't know why this new information made him this way. 'Do I have feelings for Jake hyung? Wait- no, what am I talking about?' He brushed off the thought and headed outside toward his car.

...

"Hi, guys," Sunghoon greeted Heeseung and Sunoo who were talking at Sunoo's locker. "Hey, Hyung," Sunoo said with a small smile. "You okay? Why do you look so... uhm, y'know?" Heeseung asked looking his friend up and down. "Have any of you heard from Jake?" Sunghoon questioned the others. They shook their heads in unison causing Sunghoon to sigh.

Then at that exact moment, he saw the boy he was looking for walking into the building with that bitch. Without thinking Sunghoon went up to the two. But before he could speak Hyunjin did. "What do you want?" He asked with an annoyed expression. Sunghoon averted his eyes off of Hyunjin and onto Jake whose expression was unreadable.

"Jake, I-, why didn't you answer my messages?" He asked. Jake only stayed quiet while looking at the ground. Sunghoon then looks back at Hyunjin. "What the fuck did you do?" The tallest of the three asked Hyunjin with gritted teeth. His eyes were practically on fire as he waited for an answer.

Hyunjin smirked at the younger's face. "I didn't do anything. You're just upset I got to him before you did," He said confidently. "Jake hyung, can you please look at me?" Sunghoon pleaded, ignoring what Hyunjin said. Jake did hesitantly, glancing at Hyunjin before doing so. "Are you and him together?" Sunghoon asked, looking the older in the eyes.

Jake opened his mouth to speak before stopping and looking at Hyunjin. The older boy nodded slightly, giving Jake a look. "Yes," He answered causing Sunghoon to sigh loudly.

That was not what he wanted to hear.

"Well, can we at least still be friends? I've been trying to talk to you ever since yesterday," Sunghoon said with still a tinge of hope in his heart. There was a moment of silence before Jake spoke; "I-I think it'd be best if we stayed away from each other for a while," Jake mumbled, looking at his feet.

Hearing that made Sunghoon's heart crumble. It felt like everything he had looked forward to waking up to was taken away from him. What was he supposed to do now? He had literally threatened the older with lies just to be able to talk to him, and now he wanted to stay away from him?

Sunghoon couldn't even speak. All he could do was nod quietly and walk away, towards the men's bathroom. He made sure no one else was there before entering one of the stalls and sitting down. He tried everything he could not to let a single tear fall but he couldn't. Soon he started bawling into the palms of his hands.

He felt so hurt and betrayed. How could the person he was most fond of do this to him? Jake was the only person who he found extremely cute. He was the only person that made him go out of his way to be around. He felt ecstatic when his Jake hyung finally started to hang out with him. He thought he actually had a chance... but he was wrong. He was just as wrong as he was back in the 3rd grade.

He remembered the day when Jake joined his class. He remembered thinking the older was the cutest thing he'd ever seen. He wanted to be his friend badly but he didn't know how to ask him properly. So, he decided to compliment him every chance he got. He'd even call himself a prince and Jake his princess. He knew it annoyed the boy but not as much as it actually did. He didn't realize he was going a little overboard until 9th grade after the proposal.