- 20. 𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗪𝗼𝗿𝗱 𝗟𝗼𝘃𝗲 -

.
.
.

Heeseung was surprised to see two bars of chocolate and a birthday card in his locker as he got his things to take home with him. He took out the items and put them in his bag, slightly confused. He'd read the card when he got home. He then left to catch the bus.

...

Once Heeseung reached his bedroom he took out the present he found in his locker out of his backpack. He opened the card and read its contents.

☆••┈┈┈┈••★••┈┈┈┈••☆

Hello, my eggcellent friend!
I hope you have a birthday as eggcellent as you!

!! Hi Hyung, it's me, Jake. I'm sorry for not hanging out with you guys anymore and for not being able to spend your birthday with you. I will explain everything to you guys later. For now, I need you to tell Sunghoon to meet me at Choi's Chai tomorrow after school so we can talk.

Again I wish you have an amazing rest of your day. And I hope we can celebrate your birthday together soon!

— Jake ♡

☆••┈┈┈┈••★••┈┈┈┈••☆

After reading the card he smiled knowing Jake didn't just ditch them like that, though it was confusing as to why he did what he did. Jake did tell him he'd explain himself soon so he didn't think much about it.

"Sunghoon~," Heeseung called out to the younger in a sing-song voice. "Why are you so happy? I doubt it's that cool being nineteen years old," Sunghoon said, obviously in a sour mood. "I have something to tell you that'd make you as happy as me," Heeseung said causing Sunghoon to scoff. "As if," He mumbled under his breath. "I heard that," Heeseung frowned.

"What is it that you needed to tell me?" Sunghoon asked, rolling his eyes at the older's face. "Well... Jake still wants to be friends with us," The taller said. Sunghoon's ears perked up after hearing what the older told him. "Stop messing with me, Hee," Sunghoon said, not wanting to get too excited. "I'm not, look for yourself," Heeseung replied as he pulled out the card he got yesterday. He gave it to Sunghoon and watched as his face lit up.

"Oh my God, Heeseung!" Sunghoon squealed causing some of the students around them to look at him like he was some type of alien. "Sunghoon, get yourself together. Do you like him that much?" Heeseung said trying to shut his friend up. "No, I love him!" Sunghoon exclaimed. "W-wait, you what?" Heeseung asked trying to see if what he heard was correct. Sunghoon didn't say anything though and ran away, leaving the baffled Heeseung all by himself.

Sunghoon entered his first-period classroom and went up to Sunoo who was on his phone. (class hadn't started yet) His eyes were a light red and he had a slight frown on his face as he scrolled through his social media. "Sunoo!" The boy looked up and saw his friend who looked like he had just won an amazing prize. He wiped off his face and put on a smile as Sunghoon sat next to him.

"You'll never believe what happened!" Sunghoon said with a large smile. "What?" Sunoo asked slightly curious as to why his friend was so happy. "Jake still wants us to be friends!" He answered biting down on his lip to stop himself from smiling, even though it didn't work. Sunoo looked at him weirdly. "But I thought yesterday he said-," Sunoo started before getting cut off with an answer. "He said he'd explain everything later," Sunghoon said.

Sunoo didn't know what to say after that so he just stayed quiet. Sunghoon pouted at Sunoo's reaction. "What's wrong?" Sunghoon asked, finally noticing how down the younger looked. Sunoo sighed, contemplating whether he should tell Sunghoon or not. "You remember when I told you I knew how it felt to fall in love with someone who didn't feel the same way?" Sunoo questioned, fiddling with his fingers. Sunghoon nodded, not knowing where this was about to go.

"He came to my house last night crying because he caught his crush kissing someone else. I let him in and comforted him. I'm the person he always comes to when he's upset. It's not like I'm upset with that but it gets infuriating sometimes when he doesn't realize how I feel. I drop hints all the time but he doesn't get them. Sometimes I just wish I had someone that's like me when he's upset. All I want is someone who'll listen to me but at the same time, I feel greedy wishing for someone like that. I shouldn't be mad at him for loving someone else but I am. I've known him for so long and I don't want to ruin what we have... I just feel... stuck. I feel stuck between my love for him as a friend and my love for him as something more."

After Sunoo's rant there was silence in the room for a while before Sunghoon spoke; "You like Jungwon, don't you?" He said simply. Sunoo looked up at him. A few tears stained his face. The younger nodded slowly. Sunghoon let out a small sigh before hugging the boy beside him. Sunoo hugged back and cried softly. "I'll listen," He heard Sunghoon say. "It's the least I can do. You listened to me so I'll listen to you. I'm here whenever you need me," Sunghoon continued, his voice incredibly soft and calm.

Once Sunoo stopped crying he broke the hug. There was still a good amount of time left before classes started so Sunghoon took him to the bathroom to get washed up. Once finished they arrived at their classroom right before the class began.

"Hey, guys," Sunghoon greeted his friends brightly. "Why are you in such a good mood?" Jay asked as Sunghoon sat down beside Sunoo. "Because he's in love," Heeseung answered, teasing the younger who was now bright red. "Sh-shut up!" Sunghoon stuttered while trying to hide his face.

"Aww, our little Sunghoonie is finally in love," Jay cooed, only worsening the blush on Sunghoon's face. "Guys, leave him alone," Sunoo said trying not to laugh. By now Sunghoon was halfway under the table, not wanting anyone to see him.

Once everyone's laughter quieted down and Sunghoon's body returned to its normal temperature, Sunghoon emerged from under the table. 'I cannot believe I actually said I'm in love with him.' Sunghoon thought, astonished before eating his lunch while talking to his friends.

...

Jungwon was quieter than normal. Sunoo noticed that small detail quickly. He knew it was because of what happened last night but he still wanted to comfort him.

"You okay?" Sunoo asked softly in a tone only he and Jungwon could hear. Jungwon shook his head quietly in response. "It's okay, Jungwon. There's someone out there who is made for you and who loves you with their whole heart. Don't be upset over someone who doesn't love you in the way you want them to," Sunoo reassured him with a small smile. "I know, but it just hurts seeing someone you love not love you back," Jungwon murmured. "I know," Sunoo said empathetically opening his arms so Jungwon could rest his head on his shoulder. He then wrapped his arms around the younger boy and swayed side to side as a way to comfort him.

Jake was in his last-period class now. He couldn't wait for the bell to ring so he could leave and talk to Sunghoon. And neither could the boy who sat in front of him. He kept thinking about finally being able to speak to Jake and get answers as to why he had been with Hyunjin and Hyunjin only for the past couple of days.

Even though it had only been three days since the two hadn't talked it felt like three months to Sunghoon. His brain wouldn't stop thinking about what would happen when the two would meet and a word kept lingering around his head when he thought of the older male.
The word love.
.
.
.

a/n note!!: happy pride month, peaches!!!
i hope you guys have or had an amazing day/night!
May 🌷

̤̥

1367 words