- 28. 𝗟𝗲𝘁 𝗙𝗮𝘁𝗲 𝗗𝗼 𝗜𝘁𝘀 𝗪𝗼𝗿𝗸. -

.
.
.

"Oh my God, I literally want to die." — "Shut up, Hyung. Please for the love of God shut up." — "Why don't both of you shut up and finish coloring in that fucking sleigh," Yeji interrupted the two bickering males with a threatening smile. Heeseung let out a long puff of air before finishing coloring a candy cane blue.

The friend group plus the other members of the student council were all in the art club room deciding on what all would be included at the ball.

This year the school wanted to go all out which meant more decorations. And Heeseung and Sunghoon were assigned to making the color palette and extra decorations. After arguing for twenty minutes they decided that blue, white, and silver would be the color palette for this year. Now they had to sketch and color in the decorations so they could be made.

A few students had already started making some of the decorations like snowflakes and also bought some decorations. The next day the principal would announce that they'd like donations from the other students. They would definitely donate a lot of things due to the hype around the ball.

Instead of prom, the school had the Jingle Bells Ball. It's a very festive event that's very interactive and fun. They have a bunch of food stalls and games for the students to play and there's also a dance floor. Instead of prom king and queen, there's ice king and queen. The principal in particular really wanted this to be the best one yet because it was the tenth annual Jingle Bells Ball.

"I've never gone to one of these before," Jake informed Sunoo as they looked at inspiration for games. "Really?!" Sunoo asked with wide eyes. "I haven't had anyone to go with so I never went," Jake replied. "Well, now you have us. We're gonna have the most amazing time, don't worry!" Sunoo told the boy with a bright smile. Jake nodded with a smile before going back to looking at pictures from the previous balls.

"Does anybody know where Jungwon is? It's been an hour and he's still not here," Yeji questioned the others as she walked back into the room. Nobody had heard from the cat-like boy ever since school ended so they couldn't answer Yeji's question. "One second," Sunoo said before getting up and walking out of the room.

Jake could've sworn he heard Sunoo say, "Get over it," Under his breath. He found all of this weird. Lately, Jungwon had been quieter than normal when with the whole group and now he isn't with them at all. He then remembered how Jungwon snapped at Ni-ki that one day. Was Ni-ki the reason he didn't want to be around the group as a whole?

"Hey, Hyung, do you think we should add this?" Jake heard someone ask him. He got rid of his thoughts and looked up to see Ni-ki looking at him with curious eyes. He then looked at the photo that was on the phone Ni-ki was holding and saw one of those games where you pop the balloons with a dart.

"I- um..." Jake started, not knowing whether or not he should tell the younger one about his fear. "Not at all. Some people are scared of loud noises. I think we should sit this one out," Someone said from behind Jake. Ni-ki nodded before sitting down in his original seat. "It's not bad to be scared. It's a natural part of life," The Australian boy heard Sunghoon whisper in his ear. "But what if people judge me for having a stupid fear?" Jake asked in a pitch only he and Sunghoon could hear. The taller then sat down in the chair Sunoo was sitting in so he could look the older in the eyes.

"It doesn't matter what other people think of you. Plus, being scared of loud noises isn't a stupid fear. It's a really common one actually. You saw the way Ni-ki just reacted to me saying that. Nobody's gonna frown upon you for that no matter what the reason is," Sunghoon reassured him. "Thanks," Jake said shyly. Sunghoon was about to speak before...