- 18. 𝗣𝗲𝗿𝗳𝗲𝗰𝘁𝗹𝘆 𝗙𝗶𝗻𝗲 -

.
.
.

The lunch table was less vibrant than it normally is. The six boys just sat there either eating their lunch or scrolling on their phones. It was Heeseung's birthday but no one was in the mood to celebrate, not even the birthday boy.

Everyone would glance over at Jake ever so often, who was sitting with his boyfriend, laughing and acting as if they were never friends at one point. "I-I brought you a cake, Hyung," Ni-ki said pulling a small vanilla cake out of his bag, trying to lighten up the mood. "Thanks, Riki-ah. You didn't have to," Heeseung said politely with a small smile. "No, it's okay. It's a gift," Ni-ki said with a smile. Heeseung thanked him once more before opening the container. He and the others shared the cake as they talked while Sunghoon looked like he was in another dimension.

"Sunghoon, want any cake?" Heeseung asked his friend. Sunghoon shook his head 'no' causing Sunoo to pout. "Just a small bite," Sunoo pleaded trying to put a fork full in the older's mouth. "I'm good," Sunghoon said with a slight smile. "Remember what I told you yesterday," Sunoo told him. Sunghoon thought for a second.

"But things will turn out for the better, I can promise you that."

"Fine," Sunghoon sighed, opening his mouth and causing everyone to laugh. Sunoo put the dessert into Sunghoon's mouth and he chewed it, savoring every bite.

The friend group then got a little more lively, though it was visible that both Heeseung and Sunghoon were upset. Sunghoon had caught Heeseung staring at Jake and decided to ask him a question. "Wish he was here?" Heeseung nodded with a small sigh. "I told him all I wanted was for him to hang out with us," Heeseung said as he glanced at Jake again.

"It's okay, Hyung. I know Jake, he'll come around soon... I hope," Sunghoon whispered the last part so no one could hear. "Something doesn't seem right about this though," Sunghoon added suddenly. "What do you mean?" Heeseung asked dumbfounded. "Hyunjin is weird. His vibe is off. The way Jake acted yesterday around him was so unnatural. It was way different from how he is with us," Sunghoon explained. The older furrowed his eyebrows.

"He looked as if he was getting told what to say by him. He didn't even look at me until I told him to," Sunghoon elaborated. "But I don't know. They seem happy," Sunghoon said doubting his theory. Then he saw it.

A few tables down, Hwang Hyunjin and Sim Jaeyun were kissing on the lips. "I-I-," Sunghoon stuttered in pure shock at what he was seeing. The whole cafeteria was now quiet and everyone's eyes were on the couple. It wasn't until around a minute later that the two stopped to catch their breaths.

"Sunghoon," Heeseung said as he saw a tear run down his friend's cheek. The said boy immediately wiped the tear off of his cheek and plastered a fake smile on his face that was already faltering. "I'm happy for him. These are happy tears," Sunghoon falsely reassured himself. "Hoon, if you need some time y-," Heeseung started before getting cut off.

"I'm perfectly fine, Hyung. My princess has found another prince and that's okay, I'm perfectly fine with it. He's in love with him, not me and I'm perfectly fine with that," Sunghoon said before walking out of the cafeteria and heading towards the rooftop.

When Sunghoon reached his destination he sat on the same bench Sunoo and Jungwon did weeks prior. He couldn't feel anything. Both his insides and outsides felt numb. Seeing the two kiss made Sunghoon realize the two were dating. It made him feel horrible seeing them do that in front of all of those people. It was almost like Jake was a different person. He got mad at Sunghoon for proposing to him but then went and kissed a jerk in front of the whole school. He didn't recognize this new person Hyunjin turned him into. He didn't like that person. But he knew deep down inside something was not right. But if Jake wanted space he'd give him space. He just hoped Hyunjin would keep him safe.

Sunghoon was getting books out of his locker when he saw Hyunjin holding Jake close to him by his waist. Sunghoon badly wished he was the one holding him that way but ignored the thought and continued to class.

...

"Park Sunghoon! Stop daydreaming and answer the question on the board!" Sunghoon's history teacher shouted causing him to flinch as he was taken out of his deep thought. Sunghoon looked at the board before shrugging his shoulders signaling he didn't know the answer. The teacher huffed loudly before writing the answer and slamming the board with a ruler. "Pay attention!" She shouted before mumbling insults under her breath.

"Sunghoon, is it that bad?" Jay asked from the seat beside him. "Yes! You should know how it feels, Jay! The same thing with you and Jungwon is happening to me and I hate it!" Sunghoon whisper-shouted almost breaking down then and there. "Listen, the best thing to do is to get over him," Jay said causing Sunghoon to slam his hand on the table.

Everyone's heads turned to him. "That is enough Mr. Park! Out of my classroom now!" The teacher yelled pointing at the door. Sunghoon got up angrily. He was more mad at the fact his best friend had just told him to get over the love of his life than the fact that his history teacher had just put him out of the classroom.

He used everything he had inside him not to yell and punch the wall. He was just that angry. He wanted all of this madness to stop. Why couldn't things go back to how they were? And as soon as Sunghoon thought things couldn't get worse...

"Hello, Park," He could hear the smirk in his voice. "What do you want, Hwang?" Sunghoon questioned the older, balling his fists as he looked up at him. "What are you doing out here?" Hyunjin asked. "None of your business," Sunghoon shot back with venom in his voice. "Why so upset? Hmm, is it maybe because you saw me and your little sweetheart kissing in the cafeteria?" Hyunjin asked with a slight pout.

"Leave me alone, Hyunjin. I don't want to fight anymore. You have him now. Just please protect him," Sunghoon said confusing the other. "You're giving up that easily?" Hyunjin asked amused, not believing what he was hearing. "Jay hyung was right. I should get over him," Sunghoon said leaving Hyunjin speechless. "Can you leave?" Sunghoon asked the boy who had just been standing there looking at him in disbelief.

Hyunjin blinked a few times before leaving. He smiled to himself knowing the first part of his plan worked. But little did he know Sunghoon was just acting. Never in a million years would he let go of someone as precious as Sim Jaeyun.
.
.
.

1180 words