- 10. 𝗗𝗮𝗱𝗱𝘆'𝘀 𝗕𝗮𝗰𝗸! -

a/n note!!: i'm pretty sure this is the longest chapter so far so get ready!
.
.
.

"Have you guys heard about the new students?" Heeseung asked the friend group as they sat at their regular table. "Yeah, they're really pretty," Jungwon said subconsciously glancing at Jay to see his reaction to what he said. "Especially Hyunjin," Sunoo said in a dreamy tone.

"I'm sorry but he's mine," Jungwon said snapping the older out of it. "Yeah right. He would never like someone like you," Sunoo scoffed. "Well, once he finds out how annoying you are then he wouldn't like you. As if he'd like you in the first place," Jungwon responded crossing his arms.

"Can we not simp for the new students?" Jay asked. "Whatever," Sunoo rolled his eyes. "What's the girl's name?" Ni-ki asked curiously. Sunoo was about to tell him but Jungwon beat him to it. "Why do you care? You aren't even a sophomore yet. It's not like any of them would notice you. I don't even know why you hang out with us. Are you that boring that no one in your grade wants to befriend you?" Jungwon snapped causing everyone around him to look at him shocked.

"Jungwon what the fuck?" Jay said trying to control his temper. Jungwon instantly regretted what he said. "I-I," He stuttered trying to find the right words to say. "Please excuse us," Sunoo said with a small smile before getting up and dragging Jungwon out into the hallway.

"What were you fucking thinking?! Why would you say that to him?! He didn't do anything to you so, why are you being so mean?!" Sunoo shouted at the younger. "I-I don't know why I said that either. It just came out," Jungwon said, his head down. "You're going to apologize to him," Sunoo demanded.

"No, I'm not," Jungwon refused. "What do you mean you're not? You can't just say that to someone especially when they didn't do anything to you," Sunoo said in complete disbelief. "I can't and I won't apologize. Sure, I didn't mean to say what I said but I meant it. I don't like him and I don't know why Jay hyung likes him so much," Jungwon said.

Sunoo ran his fingers through his hair as he let out a sigh. "Be honest, do you like Jay hyung?" He asked. "No, I don't. Stop asking me that. I don't like him and I never have. I just don't like Ni-ki. He strikes a nerve," Jungwon said. "Leave that boy alone," Sunoo said before walking back to the cafeteria, making sure to shove the younger a bit with his shoulder.

Jungwon watched the older walk away from him and sighed. "Great job Jungwon, now they all hate you," Jungwon said to himself before going into the bathroom.

He entered one of the stalls and sat down on the toilet with his legs up as well. He buried his face in his knees and cried silently. Why did he feel this way?

"What happened?" Sunghoon asked Sunoo as he sat down. "It's nothing. Ni-ki, he didn't mean any of it. His mind is just a mess right now. We do genuinely enjoy you hanging out with us," Sunoo said with a sweet smile. "It's okay," Ni-ki said with a small smile.

Jake tapped Sunghoon on the shoulder. "Hmm?" Sunghoon hummed turning to the older. "I think Jungwon likes Jay hyung," Jake whispered. "What makes you think that?" Sunghoon asked. "Earlier he asked me if something was going on between him and Ni-ki," Jake explained. "But he rejected Jay hyung," Sunghoon said confused. "I don't know," Jake said before resting his head on his arms which were on the table.

"About earlier," Sunghoon started before getting in the same position as Jake. "I didn't mean to... y'know," Sunghoon said awkwardly. "It's okay, I kinda liked it," Jake said shyly, blushing a bit. "What if I did a little more than a kiss on the forehead?" Sunghoon teased. "This is not the time to be flirting with me," Jake said burying his face into his arms to hide his now completely red face. "Cute," Sunghoon cooed as he poked the older's arm.