- 13. 𝗦𝘁𝗶𝗹𝗹 𝗟𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴 -

.
.
.

Sunghoon felt very mixed feelings about the message he had received. On one hand, he was glad that Jake was safe but on the other hand, he was worried for him. What did she mean by "He doesn't look too good."?

...

As soon as the school bell rang signaling the end of the day Sunghoon darted out of the classroom. He didn't even say bye to any of his friends. He was just too worried about Jake.

When he got to the café he went up to the counter and saw Seulgi at the counter. "Noona," He said walking up to the girl. Seulgi looked in his direction and smiled a bit. "He's okay," She reassured the younger. "Where is he?" Sunghoon asked impatiently.

"He's in the back," Seulgi said opening the gate so Sunghoon could get in. Sunghoon thanked her and walked into the room Jake was in.

When Sunghoon entered the room he saw a familiar animal climbing up a shelf and heard him. "No, Nami get down!" The familiar voice said. Sunghoon looked now and saw Jake struggling to get Nami down. He looked like he was in tremendous pain. Sunghoon swiftly got the raccoon down and saw Jake looking at him in disbelief.

"W-what are you doing here?" The older asked trying to cover his face. Sunghoon put Nami back on the ground and kneeled down in front of the shorter. Jake looked away not wanting the younger to see him in his current state.

"Look at me," Sunghoon said softly. Jake hesitantly faced the younger. "I-I'm okay," He lied. "What happened?" Sunghoon asked studying the older's face. "I f-fell last night. That's all," Jake said with a fake smile. "Jake, please don't lie to me," Sunghoon said looking the boy in the eyes. "I-I'm not," Jake said in a very unconvincing tone.

Sunghoon's eyes gravitated towards Jake's arm and without warning he pulled his sleeve up. All the younger of the two could do was look at the older's arm which was black and blue. He saw there were a few more scratches on his arm than there was the first time he saw them.

Jake was scared not knowing how the younger would react. Would he think he's weird? Would he freak out? Would he get mad? But to Jake's surprise, Sunghoon hugged him. Sunghoon didn't know what else to do. He didn't want to bombard the other with questions and overwhelm him so he just kept quiet and hugged him.

Jake hugged back almost instantly. He didn't even realize he had started to cry on the younger's shoulder. Jake didn't know how badly he needed this, how badly he need something as simple as a hug.

Sunghoon stayed silent as he rubbed Jake's back. He knew there was definitely something wrong with the older. It was what was wrong with him he didn't know. 'What or who gave him all of these bruises?' Sunghoon asked himself in his head. He was trying to figure out what could've happened but couldn't find a logical explanation.

The duo was in that position for a while before Jake pulled away, wiping his tears. "Could you tell me what actually happened?" Sunghoon asked softly. Jake shook his head no in response. Sunghoon understood and didn't bother him about it anymore.

The two talked for about two hours before Sunghoon got a call from his mom telling him to come home. "Bye," Jake said with a sweet smile as Sunghoon got from his spot on the floor. He gave the older a sweet smile as he put his backpack on his back. Sunghoon squatted down to Jake's level and put one of his loose strands of hair behind his ear.

"I'll always be here for you," Sunghoon said sweetly with a small. Jake nodded his head a bit as his face heated up. "Come back here tomorrow. I wanna give you something," Sunghoon said before petting Nami who was snuggled up against Jake's thigh. "I will," Jake agreed as Sunghoon stood up. The younger of the two waved goodbye before leaving the room.

Jake sighed as he saw the door close. He didn't want him to leave but he understood he had to go eventually, just like himself. He dreaded going home but he knew he had to go back. He packed up his things and picked up Nami before leaving the storage room.

"You heading home?" Seulgi asked putting her phone down and stretching a bit. "Mm-hmm," Jake hummed in response. "You could stay longer if you'd like," She offered. "No, it's okay," Jake said with a smile.

"Well, I'll be here if you ever need anything. I hope you get better soon. Have a good night!" Seulgi said with a sweet smile. "I will!" Jake said before placing the raccoon he had in his arms on the floor. "Bye, Nami," Jake said before leaving the building and walking home.

The boy walked with his head hanging low and hands in his pockets. He slowed down his pace the closer he got to his house. He didn't feel like dealing with his father's abuse anymore. He was already in pain he didn't want anymore to be inflicted on himself.

He eventually arrived at his destination. He walked up to the mailbox that sat beside the walkway that led up to the front door. He opened it and took out the many papers that lay there. He sighed before closing it and putting the papers in his backpack.

When he opened the front door he saw his father in the kitchen getting another beer. He tried to sneak past him but the plan didn't work.

"Welcome home, son," The man said with a passive-aggressive smile. "Have you paid the bills yet?" Jake asked. "No, someone else does," He answered. "Who?" Jake asked. "I don't know. Stop asking me questions before I beat the life out of you," Mr. Sim threatened causing the boy to instantly shut up and go into his room.

Jake looked through all the papers and calculated all the money everything would equate to. He took advantage of his father not feeling like doing anything to him and took a quick shower.

After getting out of the shower and getting dressed he sprawled out on his bed snuggling up to the warmth of it. When he escapes this hell hole he knows he'll miss his bed the most. They've been through a lot together you could tell by all the scratches and dents in the wooden frame.

After laying in that position for a while he decided to call it a day early and got up to turn off the lights. He put his phone on the charger for a bit while he scrolled on social media. He came across a post on Sunghoon's Instagram and then remembered what the younger told him. 'He has something to give me?' Jake asked himself in his head.

The boy shook his head signaling for himself to not think much about it and get some shut-eye. He put his phone on silent and soon drifted off to sleep.
.
.
.

a/n note!!: not even kidding this chapter took me three days to write. the writer's block i experienced was horrible. hopefully, the chapter is somewhat decent. i hope you have/had a good day!
May 🌷

̤̥

1236 words