- 16. 𝗕𝘂𝘁 𝗛𝗲'𝘀 𝗠𝗶𝗻𝗲 -

.
.
.

"Hi, my beautiful girlfriend," Sunghoon said as Jake walked up to their table. "Shut up," Jake said blushing a bit. "Anything interesting happen today?" Sunghoon asked the older. Jake was quiet for a second thinking about all the events that happened to him this morning. Then he remembered what Hyunjin told him.

"Sorry, I have to go," Jake said getting up causing everyone at the table to look at him. Jake walked away from the table causing everyone to get confused. After seeing Jake disappear within the crowd they shrugged it off, everyone except Sunghoon.

He looked around the cafeteria until his eyes landed on him. He was sitting at a table with... Hyunjin? It confused the young boy. Why was he sitting with Hyunjin and not him? He knew Jake didn't offer to sit with him, he's too shy for that. Did Hyunjin tell him to sit over there?

He didn't know what was going on but he did know he didn't like it. Why didn't he like it though? Shouldn't he be happy for his friend? Something just didn't seem right about Hyunjin.

It was now near the end of the day and Jake would not speak to the younger at all. Now Sunghoon was the one trying to get Jake's attention. He tried talking to him, giving him notes, and having other students give him notes, but nothing worked. It was like something happened during lunch that made the elder hate the younger.

It confused Sunghoon even more. Did he like Hyunjin more than him? Did he do something wrong? Was he hiding something? Was Hyunjin making him do this? Sunghoon couldn't focus at all. All he could think about was Jake and that Hyunjin guy. He just knew something was up with him and he was gonna find out what it was.

...

"Hey! Hyung!" Sunghoon whisper-shouted at Jake who had his eyes on the board, ignoring him. "Did I do something?" Sunghoon asked, still getting no response. "Mr. Park, please turn around and focus on the lesson," Mrs. Bae said causing Sunghoon to turn back around, and a few students to laugh. Normally Sunghoon would shoot the other students a dirty glare but this time he didn't. He ignored everyone and everything around him. He wanted to know why his Jake was hanging out with someone he didn't know well and why his Jake was ignoring him.

Wait- why was he thinking this way? Was he jealous? No... he couldn't be. He just really liked his Jake hyung...yeah, totally...

The class came to a stop soon and the students started packing up all of their things. One boy, in particular, was putting up his things faster than everyone else. It was, of course, Jake. He was trying to get out of the classroom as soon as he could. Sunghoon had also put up his things quickly but that's only because he didn't have much out anyway. He was too zoned out to notice the class was taking important notes.

It was as if god hated him because as soon as he got up to talk to Jake who was walking out of the classroom a group of girls started swarming around someone leaving no room for Sunghoon to get through.

When the girls finally moved Jake was nowhere to be seen. But he did see someone he did not want to see. "Why, hello there, Park," The boy sneered with a smirk. "Hello, Hwang," Sunghoon snapped at him. "Looking for your little boyfriend, huh?" Hyunjin said with a smug look on his face. "Why do you care?" Sunghoon asked shooting daggers with his eyes at the older. "Why so mean? Who peed in your cereal this morning?" Hyunjin asked, pouting with a baby voice. "If this is all you want then let me leave. I have somewhere to be," Sunghoon said before trying to leave the classroom.

"Not so fast," Hyunjin said blocking the doorway. Sunghoon sighed rolling his eyes while stopping in his tracks. "I'd advise you to stay away from my good pal Jaeyun, because if you don't I'll have a little surprise waiting on you," Hyunjin threatened the younger. Sunghoon scoffed folding his arms. "He's mine Sunghoon, he doesn't like you let alone love you. He hates you. He told me today at lunch," Hyunjin said. Sunghoon didn't believe him though. "We're dating," Hyunjin said, catching Sunghoon off guard.

He didn't know why but he felt a pain in his heart. He couldn't believe what he was hearing. The boy shoved Hyunjin out of the way and walked out of the building furiously. He pulled out his phone and started texting Jake. After sending a few messages he put away his phone and opened the door to his car. He got in and headed home. The whole way there he couldn't stop thinking about what Hyunjin told him.

'Are they really together?' 'Does he really hate me?' 'But Jake's mine.' 'Why did he choose that jerk?'

Sunghoon definitely couldn't think straight now. He didn't know what emotions to feel. Should he be happy for his friend, should he be mad, sad? He didn't know what to feel but for some reason, he felt hurt. He didn't know why.

He walked into his house, his mind still running wild. "Hi, sweetie," He heard his mother say as she walked up to him and gave him a hug. "Why so down?" She asked seeing her son's slightly saddened expression. "I'm just tired, Mom," Sunghoon answered with a small smile. "Okay, honey. Let me know if you need anything and go upstairs to get some rest," His mother said, taking his backpack off and setting it down on the floor by the door. Sunghoon nodded and went upstairs.

When he reached his room he sat down on his bed and opened up his phone only to see Jake hadn't even read his messages. He instantly texted back desperate for an answer.

Sweetheart ❤️

Today 3:21 PM

Hyung, Hyunjin just told me you're
dating, is that true?
Why have you been ignoring me
We were good earlier
What happened at lunch that made you
not like me anymore
Please answer me
Delivered

Jake hyung
Please at least read my messages
Give me an answer
What did I do?
I'm sorry, I really am
Please just acknowledge me
Delivered

...

Sunghoon tossed his phone onto the opposite side of the bed in frustration and without realizing it a tear ran down his cheek. Soon he was full-blown crying. He was frustrated, angry, sad, mad, and hurt. He didn't know what to do. He could always go by Choi's Chai but he didn't want Jake to be more mad at him than he was. They would just talk this out tomorrow... he hoped.

After wiping away his tears he got washed up and went downstairs for dinner even though he didn't eat much. All he could do was think of the older and how much fun they had together before Jake started ignoring him. Why'd he have to get with that bitch when he could've been with...

...

Sunghoon went upstairs and got in bed. He was exhausted and wanted to go to bed, so that's what he did. He hoped that when he woke up everything would've been just a really bad nightmare.
.
.
.

a/n note!!: sorry for not updating sooner. i know at the start of the book i said i'd try and update every two days but i don't think i'll be able to do that. like i've said before my work pattern will not allow me to update consistently. i think i'll just try and update every week and if I get extra motivation maybe twice a week. i hope you're enjoying this book so far!!
— May 🌷

̤̥