6.Katherine's pov 💚

Ara had indeed been gone yesterday morning, like she said, so I'm glad I left, after punishing Harley, Tuesday evening and went home to spend the last night with her for awhile.

Waking up to your alarm systems probably isn't the best way for me to start the day. So when Harley ran into my room in a panic, I grabbed the gun on my nightstand and walked out of my room in the sweatpants and a sports bra I had slept in the night before.

Entering the lounge, I switched the lights on and casually made my way to the sit on the couch, in front of the cage that now had a gold glowing eyed vampire, when our eyes connected, I got this weird feeling. Not sure what it was, until she said "mate" , tilting my head to the side, it's way too early for me to be dealing with supernatural shit.

She turned her attention to me, when her eyes stopped glowing she stared into my green eyes with her clear white ones. Probably giving me a moment to think about what's happening, I just yawned. I turned my attention to the scared vampire behind me, and made a mental note to probably not let the royal vampire out of the cage yet.

Ruby's pov ❤️

It was just by chance, I'd been training with the royal assassin team, just my daily Monday duty, just like the others. I'd leave and come back every few days to complete some things my parents have me doing, I chose Mondays so I could have the rest of the week, and weekend off.

We were training when some random rogue vampire ran across our lands, she was being chased towards us, when she saw us she took a risk and ran the opposite way to ditch the guards. When we realised that she got away, we tracked her. It had taken us awhile cause we kept loosing her scent. But we'd eventually pick it up again.

Tuesday came, and we'd track her all around town, her scent had been on every road we tracked, it would come from the left then the right, so she had clearly ran all over town just too loose us. When the teams left, I tracked it to this black building, I got a faint scent, but followed it nonetheless. When I got to the top floor, I got a mixture of scents, but the one I was tracking had faded. Well of course it would, what else would I expect at midnight. The strongest scent was also the sweetest. But I'm not planning on following it, cause it's just a light scent. The office is cute though, it has a theme, black and green, a platform at the corner of the room, steps two steps onto another platform which had a couch and a coffee table. With built in bookshelves all over the room, except the big window which covers the background of the room.

Making my way out, I didn't notice the security camera, disguised as a book at the corner of the room, and I left the building, unknowingly leaving evidence that I was here.

Wednesday morning I was strolling into this coffee shop, when I caught a fimiliar scent of the vampire I had been tracking, it was faint, she was probably here this morning.

That same afternoon I was wondering through town, looking at all the sites it had to offer. I again caught the scent coming out of this library, it was just as faint, but a little more recent. And that's how I spent most of my day, just catching the scent at random points of the city. Finding myself in the middle of town at midnight, I caught the scent again. This time it was a clear scent and it led me straight to this hotel building. I made my way to the elevator by speeding through pass the reception. Since I don't know which floor I'm going to specifically.

When I was inside the elevator I smelt both scents, though there are a few others, there scent are a little more fimiliar. I tapped the top floor penthouse, cause it seems that the one they tapped. Strange the elevator just opened for me, aren't there any security of sorts, I mean anyone can just walk in. After that thought, I'm not entirely sure, maybe I walked into a tripwire, cause the next thing I know, the alarm is blaring and I'm in a cage that's half my height, so I was forced into a crouched position. I tried to break the cage, but my strength isn't working, due to the fact that the cage was made of pure silver.