26. Ruby's pov ❤️

Being told you have to go to school, has to be one of the most annoying things ever. Worse is when your mate is currently not conscious and has been sleeping all day. When Allison, Rav and I saw that explosion we were in shock. The first thought that came to mind was whether my mate was okay or not. I used my vampire speed to run to the building before anyone could stop me, and when I reached it I froze. The second I felt my other mates hand in mind I looked at her expecting to see any sort of heartbreaking emotion, cause that's how I felt-but she's not, she was trying to stay calm for me.

I was completely scared but as I watched my calm mate walk further towards the building it's because I had to believe that as an alpha werewolf, Allison's connection to our mate was strong enough to still sense her. "Nothing happened to her Ruby, I can sense she's okay. There's just one problem...." I felt like time stopped, like I was slipping into little space and I didn't like that. The building was almost completely gone. "She's not here. She's fine but she's not here! How-where did she go?! She's not here! Shit! We would have seen her leave, where did she go?!" Allison's panicking wasn't doing anything to help bring me out of this trance, it was like I slipped already and I didn't notice.

Allison looked at me and I was full on crying. We didn't notice Ravenna investigating the building until she walked towards us with the most fearful expression, holding what seemed to be a huge scale. Like a huge green reptilian scale. And it was bigger than her hands too.

I guess it was all too much for me. And I passed out, when I came to it was already the afternoon. The Alpha and Luna had a meeting with some of the pack officials, Allison and Rav, and they decided that they'll send a search party out to look for my mate.

It was later on when me and Allison got a hold of her scent. She was unconscious by the tree. We took her back to the pack house and had a doctor check on her. Though nothing seemed out of the ordinary. So we waited, and waited some more, when it hit 10:00pm we were told to rest up for school tomorrow, when we tried to protest our advances were denied. We went to bed with Katherine, and when the morning came we were so happy to see her awake.

Now here we are, Allison and I are walking hand in hand into the school, wearing the schools uniforms, granted we're wearing pants instead of skirts with Ravenna and our sisters as exceptions, walking towards the assembly podium outside on the back fields.

Though there was one thing that lingered on our minds yesterday, 'why was Katherine miles away from both that building and pack borders in no mans land, unconscious.'