16. Allison's pov 💜

The drive back to the packhouse was silent. The walk into the pack infirmary was silent. The wait outside the infirmity is silent...

We haven't been here long, once Katherine's friend, Ara was safely in the care of one of our doctors, Katherine hadn't said a word. All she does for a while is stare into space. Which I actually noticed she does that a lot.

Ruby is now awake, we didn't even notice when she fell asleep in the car ride here. But she's playing some games on her phone, still in little space. Katherine is standing against the wall next to where Ruby's sitting, while I'm standing in line with the row of chairs but at the end, by the pillar, with Gabe and Conn. They arrived a little over awhile ago with my parents. But my parents had to leave to attend pack matters, and said we'll all have a discussion later. Something I'm suddenly really nervous to do.

No one's moved from our spots since we got here, and we've been here for a while. I should probably have someone bring food up for us.

Ruby's pov ❤️

I'm in little space. I'm in a hospital. I'm sitting in a chair daddy placed me on, and I'm playing video games on my phone.

I also can't take this anymore. I hate staying indoors for too long, I enjoy being outside. I have half a heart to ask either mommy or daddy to take me outside for awhile. I don't want to ask daddy because her friend is in the infirmary and she's probably worried for her, and I can't ask mommy because that would be insensitive towards daddy.

I can't pull myself out of little space. It's as if I'm stuck in this state of mind. I don't really care though, but I'd rather be a little more aware of my surroundings right now. My focus is on everything yet nothing at all.

My focus was brought away from my phone, when mommy picked me up, and turned towards daddy with a puzzled look. Like she looks deep in thought.

The sparks were all I could feel, all I could concentrate on. This is kinda frustrating, the longer I'm in this state, the more I fall deeper into little space. I kinda want to cry right now. Which frustrates me more...

Daddy turned to look at us. She's been behaving differently, from when we first met, I mean she threatened to throw me off the balcony.. now she seems completely invested in us, maybe the mate bond grew stronger when the three of us met. 'Or maybe daddy is just seriously bipolar'. I can't help but shrug at that thought, maybe.

When I looked up, completely unaware of their conversation, I saw a nurse walking towards us with a red sippy cup, and I could definitely smell its contents, blood. Gosh I'm starving. Once the nurse handed daddy the cup, she walked away just as fast as she got here. 'weird!? '

When I finally drank from the cup, I could feel my energy level return to normal, skipping breakfast does that to you. Now that I think about it, I also missed my morning run, my workout, and also my usual hunting practice. Being in little space really does have its disadvantages, though it's not the first time I forgot to complete my morning routine, I just make up for it the next day. But it's almost time to go back to school so I need to remember to stay on schedule, I don't want to be unprepared for the day.

What's worse is I apparently missed the first week of school. Usually they allow you to wear casual clothes for the first week, well that's according to Rav, it's supposed to help the new kids adapt more, especially if our school uniforms aren't ready the first week. Now I have to wear that to school too. Hopefully my siblings got the right uniform, because I am not wearing any skirts, that would be really irritating, I'm used to speeding around, so to wear any 'girly' clothing would make it harder for me to do certain things I like, and I also hate wearing it, growing up in royal gowns will also do that to you.

When the doctor finally came out of the room, he looked kinda worried, I really hope she's okay, because I doubt daddy will be happy with anything less than 100%.

And I don't think this doctor will like what happens, no one really knows who she is, besides her clear reputation, no one knows she's an assassin, so I don't think they want to be on her bad side either way.