18. Third person pov 💙

Growing up with Katherine, can't say it was the best time in my life, at first I couldn't stand her, I hovered over her at first cause I knew it annoyed her, but then I lost that feeling the first time I saw a 10yr old kill someone, while then I was terrified.

8 yrs ago
Walking into the Blackwood's mansion, i was on my way to their eldest daughters floor, how that's possible I have no idea. She's probably reading or something, not like she does anything else. I was making my way up the stairs, to the fifth floor. How can she do this everyday, gosh.

Finally making it up all those flights of stairs, I was exhausted, I could barely breath. So I took a quick break. I sat down where I stood. I just needed to breath, but I lost my breath just as fast. Katherine walked out of her room, her head in a book, barely acknowledging me, she walked to the large window pulled out a gun and just stared outside. That was when one of my new bodyguard's face appeared there, it barely registered, his exchausted expression, but that was when he saw her. The look he had was like he was completely terrified and at that point he didn't even notice the gun.

She took advantage of his slight distraction, she used the bottom of the gun to break the glass window right where his face was. She didn't even flinch, I couldn't keep up with the situation she was really quick, but the next thing I heard was the loud sound of the gun shot.

After she shot him she open the window and looked outside, possibly at the guy that just fell five floors high. After that she turned and looked at me, she looked straight into my eye, "I informed your father already, I wouldn't advise that you step outside, you'd only be in the way." She had no bruises whatsoever. But the look she had on her face was of complete disinterest.

That night my father explained that I probably wouldn't have made it if it wasn't for her, and he was grateful. I was still in shock and I couldn't really look her in the eye. I hovered around her more, I couldn't explain what was happening to me. Regardless I kept to myself when we were together, out of fear I could barely talk, when she looked at me I'd either look away or down. But that was until I started training, sometimes our parents would make us train together, she unknowingly helped me a lot, but I got comfortable with her again. I'd test certain boundaries with her and learnt a lot about her, and I noticed she did the same with me.

We only progressed from there, and we built a unique relationship, we became friends and well best friends, at that point she grew on me, and I on her.

Then high school came, and we met the twins, Christian and Tristan. All four of us became friends, and a group Katherine could trust, granted we annoyed her, but we thought her certain things that even her IQ could not comprehend. Growing up in similar environments made our unique personalitys just click. So safe to say that going on mission was how we bonded.

Present time

'Someone get me out of here, fuck where am I?, What the hell is going on?...' The last thing I remember is waking up in a hospital bed, and Katherine was there, but it wasn't her, I was in the presence of pure evil, there aura made my tingles down my spine in pure fear. I've never experienced such raw fear before, and I grew up with Katherine.

Now I'm stuck in some space that's completely black, 'I need to get out. I need her. Why did I run away?, Why did it have to happen the way that it did. I shouldn't have ran away, if I stayed where I was, this..could..have..been..avoided..' and just like that everything went completely black.