A Love Like No Other

The morning began like something out of a fairytale. Sunbeams shining through the trees along the fence line, the occasional breeze coming through the open window, causing the light curtains to flutter and birds all in fine voice. Y/N's eyes slowly opened as she took in the room around her, before turning to look at her very handsome boyfriend, who was still seemingly asleep.

Y/N turned onto her side to face Joe, resting her head against her hand, sinking further into the pillow. She sighed a happy sigh as she admired his resting features, his long lashes resting against his cheeks, the numerous moles and freckles that dotted his face, and his perfect lips - lips that were currently squashed against his arms as slept on his stomach. Then there was his hair, his amazing hair, she couldn't help but run her fingers through it, it was always so soft. Joe stirred slightly briefly burying his head in his arms before lifting it up, with eyes open.

'Hmmmm, good morning my love.' Joe smiled.

'Good morning.' Y/N replied, as she moved closer to him, their faces almost touching. Both of them taking in each other's features.

'Happy birthday beautiful.' Joe said in almost a whisper to Y/N, before leaning in to kiss her, not caring if either of them had morning breath.

'Thank you.' Y/N said as she rested her hand against Joe's cheek, before kissing him again.

Joe grabbed at her hand and kissed it before moving to get out of bed. His bare ass on show as he made to grab at his favourite pair of sweatpants. Y/N felt a slight tinge of disappointment as she watched Joe go to leave the room, she had hoped he'd stay in bed with her a bit longer. He stopped at the doorway before backtracking to the bed.

'Today is your day, just stay here, stay comfy while I go and make you breakfast, my sweetness deserves to be spoilt today - starting with breakfast in bed!' Joe grinned as he gave Y/N another kiss before heading to the kitchen, a spring in his step.

Y/N grabbed at the TV remote and tried to find something to watch while she listened to the racquet Joe was making in the kitchen. She quickly got bored of trying to find something good so decided to get out of bed and see what exactly Joe was doing. With her pyjamas back on, after being discarded the night before, she softly padded her way to the kitchen, to see Joe at the stove, with what looked like every burner on the go. She went up to him and wrapped her arms around his waist, her head resting on his muscular back, shoulder blades shifting under his skin as he controlled all the pans he had cooking.

'Hey, you're supposed to be in bed!' Joe said, rubbing his free hand over the two of hers. 'It's called breakfast in bed cos you eat it in bed! Can't call it breakfast in bed if you're out here!'

'I missed you plus there was nothing worth watching on the TV.' Y/N said as she kept her head resting against his back. 'Do you need any help?'

'Nope! I have it all under control! Take a seat at the table and I'll bring to you in a sec.' He said as he patted at her arms, for her to let go.

Y/N gave him one final squeeze before reluctantly moving away from Joe to sit at their small kitchen table. She sat, head resting on her hand, watching him continue to go about his business that was making breakfast. She also realised that the kitchen was relatively clean, often forgetting Joe prides himself on having a clean kitchen. 'Clean as you go' he often says.

Joe soon served up and walked over to the table with two plates full of food.

'Here you m'lady, your delicious birthday breakfast!' He cheerfully said as he placed the plate in front of Y/N as well as leaning down to give her a kiss.

'Thank you! It looks and smells amazing!'

Joe sat down and they both grabbed their drink of orange juice and clinked their glasses together in a cheers for Y/N's birthday. Breakfast was quickly devoured by the two of them, with them having random conversations during the meal. When they had both finished, Joe grabbed both plates and put them in the sink.