Blind Love

The air around the Tillman Ranch was thick with tension. Roy had all his men lined up at the fence line, armed and ready to defend him against the FBI, who had a strong army themselves. Roy's father-in-law had put his two cents in, which cost him his life when Roy sliced the old man's throat. Roy's wife Karen had come around the corner to see her father dead by the hands of her husband and turned to run. As Roy took chase after Karen, he came face to face with Dot, who was aiming a rifle at him, and did not hesitate to shoot him when he went to reach for his gun.

Y/N was scared, she was trapped inside the house and had no idea what was happening outside. She had been threatened with harm if she did not stay inside. Gun fire, yelling, screaming was all that she could hear, she didn't dare look out of any of the windows, for fear of a stray bullet coming through.  She was also scared of Roy, scared for what might happen to Dot, even to Karen, scared for her life and the two babies growing inside her but most of all, scared for Gator. He had gone to check on Dot yesterday and hadn't been seen or heard from since.

The fear she felt was visible on her face, eyes shut with tears streaming down her cheeks and hands covering her ears. She sat on the kitchen floor, hoping the cupboards would be a good shelter from the shit show happening outside. It wasn't until she felt someone touch her, startling her that she opened her eyes and removed her hands from her ears. Everything was over, Dot had told the FBI where she was and that they had come and get her, to make sure she was okay and take her to Gator.

The FBI agent helped her up and walked her out of the house, possibly for the last time. She saw Karen being walked away in handcuffs, saw Roy also in cuffs and covered in blood - that first gunshot she'd heard was Dot shooting him - part of her wished it had killed him. Y/N then saw Dot, she was heading to a car that was going to take her home.

'Dot?' She called to her, 'Dot! Oh, thank the lord, you're okay!'

Dot turned and saw Y/N and raced up to hug her.

'Oh, Y/N. I'm so glad they found you, are you okay, are your babies, okay?' She asked as she ran a hand over the baby bump.

'I'm okay, we're okay - just a bit scared but glad it's all over. Gator's missing though,
I don't know where he is.' Y/N said, her lip quivering as tears threatened to fall again.

'Oh darling, he's here, he's okay - for the most part.' Dot replied, pointing past Y/N to Gator who was sitting on an ambulance bed, his eyes bandaged.

Y/N gasped, her hands covering her mouth. The tears now falling. Dot gave her a nod of reassurance and rubbed her arm before getting into the back seat of a car, to be taken home. Y/N turned and saw her man and made her way towards him.

'Gator?' She asked as she got closer, the man lifting his head to the sound of her voice.

'Y/N?' He asked, looking up, despite his eyes being bandaged.

'Oh Gator.' She sighed as she touched his face before throwing her arms around his neck. Gator wrapped his arms around her, his head resting on her chest, both crying, not wanting to let each other go.

'Munch....' Gator muttered as they finally pulled away, 'I'd gone to see Nadine and she pissed me off, so I went to go for a drive. Munch was in the car; he did this to me.'

'Ohh baby, I was so scared something had happened to you. I couldn't sleep, wondering if I'd ever see you again.' Tears still streaming down her face.

'I'm scared too, Y/N, what if I can't see again? And my dad.... my dad told me I was useless and left me here, why would he do that?'

'Ohhhh Gator......' Y/N said as she pulled him towards her again, her heart breaking even more. 'You're not useless, you know that, right? You know your dad is a grade A asshole, and he will get what he deserves.