TWO

Aria stood at the coffee cart yawning while Mark walked up to her. "Yawning I see you've finally found someone to meet your deepest desires." Mark commented while ordering his coffee.

"Always about sex with you isn't it. And no actually my sister and your former best friend are driving me insane." Aria said taking a sip of her coffee.

"I wouldn't say former friends I would say getting back to best friends." Mark said smiling at the young Grey.

"You slept with his wife I don't think he'll be forgetting that for years to come." Aria commented looking at Mark.

"Seems nobody else will be either." Mark said slightly glaring at Aria who smiled. "Anyway are they that bad?" Mark said taking his coffee while the two walked towards the hospital.

"Oh yeah I'm going to need to start living in an on call room because I'm becoming quickly sleep deprived." Aria commented before yawning again.

"You can always stay with me." Mark says smirking while Aria looks at him.

"In your dreams Dr Sloan." Aria says before walking away going to change into her scrubs.
~
Aria walked into the E.R before Callie called her over to help Alex with the kid who got brought in due to the gas main that blew. Aria checked over the little boy while trying to calm him down.

"How close to the explosion was he?" Derek asked while Aria was calming the baby down so Alex could check over him.

"Oh, we were,we were in the living room, his mom was in the kitchen." The father told them while Aria looked at Alex who was smiling slightly at her.

"The gas line blew?" Derek questioned him.

"I think it was the stove." He said looking down at his son.

"All right, we're gonna run some tests on your baby.Aria, Karev I'm going into surgery with the chief. Keep me posted." Derek said while the residents nodded at him before continuing to check over the baby.
~
"Come on, B. It's okay.Brian, I'm here. It's okay, sweetheart.Brian, stop crying, baby.I can't think, baby.I'm... why won't he stop crying?" The father said while Aria picked Brian up rocking him softly to try and calm him down.

"Hey there, brian. Your a bit scared huh? Your alright your safe." Aria said as she continued to rock the small boy while he calmed down slightly.

"Dr. Karev. C.T. Results.Should I page Shepherd?" The nurse ask while Alex looked over the scans.

"No, he's in surgery. Let me take a look." Alex said looking over the CT scans.

"What do you see?" The dad asked frantically looking at the doctors for answers.

"There's nothing acute." Alex said while looking over at Aria while she tried to read his expression.

"Nothing?So...so he's gonna be okay, right?" The father asked looking at Alex.

"Yeah, I'm gonna... I need to run a couple more tests, okay?Schedule an M.R.I. and have the lab run a tox screen on Brian's blood." Alex told the nurse who looked at him confused.

"Why?" The nurse questioned him.

"Because I said so, Nancy Drew.Just do it." Alex snapped while Aria pulled a face at him. Alex looked at her before shrugging his shoulders in response.
~
"That's a really big needle, man.Do you have to use such a big needle?" The father said panicking while Aria and Alex exchanged a look. The parents had been making crystal meth in their apartment and that was the cause of Brian constantly crying.

"His I.V. came out, and he needs to be hydrated." Aria said watching Brian while Alex tried to help him.

"Okay, okay. Look, I'm--Look, I'm just... I'm freaking out a little bit here. I mean,do you think you could get me an update on my wife?" The father asked looking at both surgeons.

"Your wife has a crater in her abdomen,so even if she does survive surgery,it's gonna be a long, hard, painful recovery." Alex told him.

"She's gonna be okay, right? I mean, she's gotta be okay.Wh... Brian, please,sweetheart, look at me. Brian, okay, stop crying.Brian, please.Brian, stop crying?" The father began shouting at the little boy who continued to cry.

"He can't stop crying? Okay?He can't stop crying because his nervous system is shot.He can't stop crying because his brain and his heart and his renal system are all compromised.He can't stop crying because he's in withdrawal from crystal meth, you son of a bitch." Alex said completely losing it while Aria looked at him. She could sense there was more to Alex in that moment but she shook it off focusing on Brian and checking he was okay.

"No, no. That's impossible.He wasn't in the room
when we were making it." The father tried to argue with them.

"It was all over your apartment, okay?I tested him'cause I smelled it on his skin." Alex told him.

"I love my son.Okay, we were broke.I lost my job.
But I don't use drugs.And I'm a good dad, and I love my family." He cried out looking at both of them.

"Well, now you can love your family from jail." Alex said before the father turned around and hit him knocking him unconscious. Aria looked shocked before the father quickly picked Brian up fighting Aria.

"It's okay. Come here.I'm sorry. I'm so sorry." The father said running out of the room while Aria called out to the nurse before checking over Alex.
~
"So the happy little family makes meth." Meredith said from beside Cristina while Aria stitched up Alex's head.

"There's no such thing as a happy family." Alex said pulling faces due to the pain in his head.

"What's with her?" Aria asks looking at Cristina who was pasting up and down.

"Well, Mama Burke is here, and we don't know why. My guess is that she's here to kill Cristina. She's hovering again." Meredith says to Alex and Aria.

"If you're done with the charts, go fold something, like, you know, sheets." Cristina instructed her interns.

"What are you lookin'at? Don't look at her." Meredith snapped at Alex.

"Your sister. She's hot." Alex mumbled to which Aria hit his shoulder.

"Unless your talking about Aria then I'm only a twin.Don't talk to me about Lexie." Meredith said glaring at Alex who's pager went off.

"Oh, the police want to talk to us." Alex said looking at Aria who looked annoyed at him before nodding and heading off. Alex quickly got up chasing after her.
~
Aria changed out of her scrubs heading towards the entrance. "Aria! Wait up." Mark called out while Aria turned to look at him.

"Dr Sloan what do I owe this pleasure for the second time today?" Aria questions as she raises her eyebrows at him.

"Do you fancy getting a drink? As friends of course." Mark says causing Aria to smile at him slightly before nodding her head.

"Do you know what that doesn't sound to bad." Aria said causing Mark to smile at her.

"Great let's go." Mark said holding out his arm causing Aria to laugh while she linked her arm around his. The two headed off to Joes bar.