TWENTY NINE

Aria walked out of the living room after catching up on some of her mother's old surgery tapes while she headed into the kitchen. The silence caught the girl off guard as she looked up to see her two sister who were both accompanied by their significant other's. Aria chuckled causing all four of them to look at the eldest Grey. "Well this is going to be one awkward breakfast." She said to herself but they all heard her.

"Not now hey Aria." Meredith suggested looking at her twin sister while Aria scoffed lightly at the tension in the air.

"Just being honest Mer and whatever is going on between the two of them is causing Lexie to stress eat." Aria mumbled to her sister before pouring herself a cup of coffee and heading to get ready for her shift.
~
Before going to find her attending Aria had decided to go check in with Izzie where she found her accompanied by Adam causing her to smile. Adam noticed Aria before going to stand beside her since Izzie was on the phone. "She's trying to make arrangements for your sister's wedding to Shepherd." He said while Aria chuckled.

"Well thats a very Izzie thing. What about the two of you? How are you?" Aria asks knowing that Adam had been spending lots of time with Izzie

"We are good and we are back together for real this time." Adam said smiling at his friend while Aria smiled back at him.

"Well I couldn't be more happy for the both of you." Aria replied before Adam's pager went off before he said his farwells leaving Aria and Izzie discussing plan's for Meredith and Dereks wedding.
~
Aria sat in the chair beside Izzie while the group of residents sat awaiting for Meredith to try on one of the many dresses Izzie had picked out. Aria watched Lexie who was stuffing down her fries before Izzie pretend to choke just to make Meredith come out of the bathroom in her dress.

"Okay, you gotta stop doing that, 'cause it's not funny." Cristina mumbled annoyed looking at izzie who laid in her hospital bed.

"It got meredith out of the bathroom so I could see her in her dress, and it's gorgeous." Izzie says to her friends before the group turn to look at meredith in her wedding dress.

"Tell her she has to stop." Cristina says looking at meredith who looked at Izzie.

"Izzie!" Meredith exclaimed.

"It's very romantic. It's pretty, right?" Izzie asks looking at the other Grey sisters while Aria looks at her sister slightly concerned.

"Pretty." Lexie repeated looking at her older sister.

"And I see you've invited more people to witness my humiliation." Meredith says uncomfortably looking at her peers.

"No, derek and mark still aren't speaking to each other, and we're heading into a 6-hour surgery. So unless I can slip this cheeseburger into a sterile area, I'm not gonna make it. Can you please come and talk to them?" Lexie says looking between her older sisters who both shared a look.

"Fine. Okay. You can go.Cristina, will you help her take the dress off?" Izzie says looking between her friends while Lexie grabbed Aria's arm.

"We'll be in the scrub room." Lexie mumbles pulling her eldest sister along with her despite her arguement to wait for Meredith.
~
Aria stood looking at Derek and Mark while the two of them scrubbed getting ready for their surgery. "You two have to make up your driving us all insane." Aria said looking at the both of them who continued to ignore her.

"Okay,before you guys go in there and start cutting on this patient,you need to apologize to each other. If not for the patient,for me or for lexie.Look at her--her face is breaking out,her ass is humongous." Meredith says causing both of the men to look at the youngest Grey.

"It's true.I had to get the scrubs with the elastic waistband." Lexie mumbles while eating another load of biscuits while Aria looked at both of the men.

"If you don't apologize right now,she's not scrubbing in." Aria says looking at her youngest sister who nodded in agreement with her statement.

"I won't,and you can't make me.This should be a joyful time.Your best friend's getting married.You should be the best man." Lexie says to the people who were once like brothers to each other.

"The chief will be my best man." Derek informed all of them while Makr simply ignored him and headed into the O.R while the girls exchanged a quick look.

"What?" Meredith questioned giving Derek a look of confusion before Aria quickly excused herself and Lexie allowing the couple to talk.
~
After finishing her shift Aria headed home with Lexie before the two headed into the kitchen. Aria grabbed a bottle of beer handing one to her sister and leaning on the counter. "Do you think the two of them will ever make up?" Lexie asks looking at her oldest sister who chuckled lightly.

"Derek and Mark are like brothers to one another and like any other siblings they will fight but they will also go down swinging for each other. They can pretend to hate each other but they would protect one another despite it all." Aria said smiling at Lexie before Meredith joined the two of them.

"So I guess a big wedding won't be that bad." Meredith says looking at both of her sisters.

"I'm just sad 'cause I didn't get a chance to see you in the actual dress." Lexie says causing the twins to exchange a look of confusion.

"You will." Meredith reassures Lexie while Aria smiles at the both of them.

"How? I mean,if derek and mark don't make up,how..." Lexie tries to explain to the both of them.

"You're my sister,lexie.You're in the wedding." Meredith chuckles at her sister while Aria shakes her head laughing at her youngest sister.

"Oh,my god. I'm gonna be a bridesmaid? Oh,my god.I don't know what to say." Lexie says smiling happily at Meredith before Aria scoffs lightly.

"Well,you should wait and see what izzie's picked out for you to wear.And then you'll have plenty to say." Aria says laughing before Meredith looks at her.

"Like you won't be wearing the same." Meredith says laughing along with Lexie as Mark and Derek walk into the kitchen confusing the Grey sisters.

"Do you want one?" Derek asks before heading over to the fridge.

"So much.We can still catch the last half of the game." Mark suggested following closely behind him.

"Yeah,that's-- that's what I was thinking." Derek says following Mark intp the living room as he smiles at the three sisters who watched on completely bewildered.

"You can stop eating now." Meredith says to Lexie who had been stressing all day due to the tension between Derek and mark.

"Oh,thank god." Lexie says before all three of the sister burst out laughing before they continued to discuss Meredith and Derek's wedding plans.