THREE

Aria was working in the E.R with Derek as they worked on a teenager who had been brought in due to suffering a head injury while he was playing football. Aria walked in as Derek waited for the results along with Lexie and Cristina.

"How's he doing?" Aria asked looking at the attending.

"Just waiting on the scans." Derek told her giving her a small smile.

"I can't believe that kid's dad.I mean,his son is paralyzed,and the guy's still riding him." Lexie said while Aria thought back to her own mother.

"Yeah well some parents have high expectations and work their children into the ground just so they can meet those expectations." Aria said not thinking about what she was saying. Her mind was stuck on Ellis telling her she had to be extraordinary and doing everything she could to become extraordinary.

"Focus more on the medicine,three,and less on the tragedy." Cristina says while the three surgeons looked at the eldest grey.

"Three?" Derek questions looking between Lexie and Cristina. "Is that a nickname?" Derek asks looking at Lexie.

"You could say that." Lexie said while she simply nodded watching her older sister.

"So how would you proceed,dr.Grey?" Derek asks Lexie who was now looking at him nervously.

"Oh,um...you won't be able to operate unless you realign his spine,would you?" Lexie says nervously while Aria watches her youngest sister.

"And how would you do that?" Derek questions her.

"Traction halo?" Lexie says not to confident in her answer.

"Very impressive, Dr.Grey.Your intern year's off to a good start." Derek says looking at Cristina while Aria looked at her younger sister.

"Trust your instincts." She whispered while Lexie looked at the Eldest Grey who was smiling slightly at her little sister.

Aria's pager went off before she turned to the three surgeons. "Let me know how he is." Aria asks wanting to make sure the teenage boy was going to alright. Derek sent her a small nod before Aria walked away.

"How's it going?How are you and meredith? You seem to be doing well with Aria." Derek questioned the youngest Grey who nodded slightly.

"It's weird,the whole family thing. Aria will actual talk to me but only about work. But Meredith I think she might still hate me." Lexie said nervously while looking at the attending.

"She doesn't hate you." Derek commented about his ex girlfriend while Lexie looked at him shocked.

"Really? Did she say that?" Lexie questioned before Cristina began to give her orders to which Derek dismissed her.
~
Aria stood staring into space before she felt someone shake her shoulder. Aria looked to see Alex who looked at her slightly concerned. "You okay? You zoned out or something?" Alex questioned her while Aria shook the thoughts from her head.

"Yeah fine. Did you need something?" Aria asks him trying to focus on her work.

"Bed 4 needs stitches and C.T. I'm busy with Bed 2." Alex said handing her the chart while Aria took it giving him a small nod and headed over to the patient.
~
"We need a little help here!" A nurse called out as Aria and Alex headed into the trauma room.

"Oh,thank god. Somebody I know.Will somebody please make sure they page my husband?" Adele said looking at Aria and Alex.

"Who is she?" Alex asks looking at Aria who looked down at the young girl seeing Dr Webbers Niece.

"It's the chief's niece." Aria said looking at Alex.

"Camille travis,18,I tried intubating 3 times.There's some kind of obstruction." The nurse told Aria who looked at the mother.

"My baby can't breathe." Adele's sister cried looking at Aria and Alex.

"Sats staying down. They're at 82%." The nurse says while Aria looks at her.

"She needs a surgical airway.Somebody get me a crike tray." Aria called out walking to the other side of the table.

"How many emergency crikes have you done?" Alex asks looking at Aria.

"Including this one? One." Aria says looking at Camille who was struggling to breath.

"Dude,it's the chief's niece." Alex comments causing Aria to roll her eyes.

"Pulse is getting weaker." The nurse called out while Aria got her gloves on.

"So we better not screw this up." Aria said looking at Alex. Aria and Alex managed to successfully crime her.

"Oh,richard!" Adele cried out while he looked at the two residents.

"What the hell are you doing to my niece?" Richard asks looking at Aria.
~
"One thing this child did not need was another surgery." Richard said while Aria and Alex stood beside him in the O.R.

"She wasn't breathing,chief. We didn't know what else to do." Aria said while he looked at her.

"You did the right thing.But camille was diagnosed with ovarian cancer when she was 14.She's had both ovaries removed,a hysterectomy and now this..." Richard said while Aria looked at Alex.

"There it is,the mass. No wonder she couldn't breathe." Alex said while The three of them looked at the screen.

"I can take it out.But we won't know how many more there are until we do further studies." Richard says while Aria looked up at him.

"I'm so sorry,chief." Aria said with a sympathetic expression on her face.

"She beat it twice before.She'll beat it again." Richard said while Aria sent him a quick smile.
~
Alex watched Aria while the two were scrubbing out of surgery. "What's going on with you today?" Alex asks while Aria looked up at him.

"Nothing why?" Aria asks looking at Alex.

"You keep zoning out it's not like you." Alex said shrugging his shoulders while Aria sighs resting her hands on the sinks.

"Even after she's gone she still manages to get in my head." Aria says causing Alex to look at her confused.

"Who?" Alex asks watching Aria.

"My mom. The things she used to say there just on repeat in my head. I can't forget them it's like she's drilled them into me." Aria confesses looking at Alex.

"Well Izzie and O'Malley slept together." Alex said causing Aria to look at him with wide eyes.

"Izzie and George?!" Aria exclaimed while Alex smiled at her reaction.

"I know she told me earlier but don't say owt I wasn't supposed to tell anyone." Alex said while Aria smiled at him.
~
Aria walked down the hallway as she saw Cristina and Lexie talking. "Hey Lexie." Aria called out while the two of them looked at her.

"Hey Aria." Lexie said smiling at her oldest sister who smiled slightly back.

"Do you want to get a drink at Joes sometime?" Aria said looking at Lexie who look slightly taken back.

"Uh ye-yeah that would be nice." Lexie said smiling at Aria who nodded in response.

"Good we'll arrange something." Aria said sending her a quick smile before she saw Cristina watched her. Aria walked away going to get changed and heading home.